Title: Executive Assistant to VP European Synchronisation & UK Sync Assistant
Location: GBR – Electric Lighting Station, London
Time type: Full time
Warner Chappell Music (WCM) is the music publishing division of Warner Music Group. We are interested in those who can join and contribute along our company’s values: Curiosity, Collaboration, and Commitment. We value input, ideas, and feedback from everyone at every level and the voices and contributions of every team member at WCM matter.
At WCM we put the songwriter first, offering high touch service to move the cultural dial across the globe. We want team members who have a service-oriented mindset and care about the collective work. We are searching for those who are comfortable thinking globally while leveraging local expertise.
A little bit about our team:
We are Warner Chappell, where songwriters are heard. With offices in more than 40 locations around the world, we pride ourselves on how our local expertise drives global success for our dynamic roster of songwriters. Within our UK office we house several international divisions, as well as dedicated local UK teams, to drive strategy and development across both our global and local publishing operations. The role will report jointly into the SVP Global Administration and VP of European Synchronisation.
We are looking for an experienced executive assistant with exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills to provide essential administrative and business support to an executive leader with an international remit. Additionally, the role will involve providing general support and co-ordination for the UK Sync department.
You will enjoy global exposure to all sectors of our business, including inter-departmental collaboration within Warner Chappell and the wider Warner Music Group, and welcome forward-thinking applicants looking to grow their experience within our dynamic and evolving company.
Here you’ll get to
- Provide essential administrative, organisational and business support to an executive leader as well as departmental support to an integral WCM team:
- Act as gatekeeper in relation to external meeting requests and internal requirements
- Own all aspects of diary management, with daily updates first thing each morning. Coordinate schedules, meetings and appointments across time-zones, anticipate clashes and respecting personal commitments, often with last minute alterations.
- Manage email inboxes, including deleting junk, filing, responding to meeting requests & invitations where relevant, flagging urgent enquiries and drafting emails as directed
- Answer calls and relay all messages in a prompt manner
- Meet and greet external clients, provide refreshments
- Facilitate all aspects of in-person and virtual meetings. Research locations, book venues, set-up rooms, order refreshments. Perform background research, record meeting minutes, circulate actions and monitor & report on progress.
- Book business travel arrangements, including flights, transportation, accommodation, dining and entertainment, ensuring expenses are in line with company policy
- Provide full support with overseas trips, compiling itineraries and managing a busy schedule whilst abroad, sometimes working late due to different time zones
- Process monthly expenses plus reviewing/obtaining approval for expenses of direct reports
- Review and approve time-off for direct reports of executive leader
- Support recruitment; interview, facilitate training and onboard new hires
- Organise client and staff entertainment, social events and public appearances
- Purchase gifts
- Own all admin, including filing, correspondence and maintaining up to date contact details
- Attend and participate in team and department meetings, occasionally standing in on behalf of executive leader
- Regularly liaise with other EAs in the WCM network re: standard processes
UK Sync Team Support
- Draft documents and reports to support initiatives, projects, and client pitches, e.g. spreadsheets, Keynote and/or PowerPoint presentations
- Work closely with the UK Sync team to create and circulate regular newsletters and mail-outs (currently using Mailchimp)
- Handling the overdue invoices spreadsheet
- Attend, participate and manage action plan for UK Sync meetings and European/LATAM Sync meetings
- UK Catalogue Audio Ingestion
- Manage the identification, sourcing and ingestion of UK catalogue works to WCM’s global Sync platform, GLS
- Work closely with UK A&R to coordinate catalogue ingestion of frontline signings (where relevant)
- Regular communication with international audio ingestion team to mitigate duplication
- Excellent diary management skills with experience of coordinating a hectic and ever-changing schedule
- Discreet, knows how to identify and communicate sensitive information
- A born planner, someone who enjoys prioritising a busy workload
- Easily anticipates – and meets – the needs of others
- Outgoing and friendly with a professional demeanour
- Flexible and self-motivated, happy to work outside of standard office hours
- A self-starter who is not afraid to take initiative, who enjoys working autonomously with minimal supervision.
- An effortless collaborator, driven to work interdepartmentally to streamline and improve business practices
- Un-knockable, with a ‘can do’ approach to troubleshooting
- Impeccable communication written and verbal communication skills
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Detail oriented with excellent level of accuracy
- Hyper organised, with first-class co-ordination, time management and prioritisation skills
- Dedicated, positive, diligent and always open to learning; a growth mindset, willing to learn new skills to adapt to the business’ evolving needs, learn new skills and expand knowledge of the industry
- A team player who forges strong relationships with people at levels (internally & externally)
- Comfortable with all new digital media
- Outstanding computer skills (Word, Power Point, Keynote, Excel (incl. Power Query/Power Pivot), Outlook and Mailchimp) are essential
- A good eye for design with experienced in creating engaging presentations
We’d love it if you also had
- An interest in and appreciation of different countries and cultures
Additional professional qualifications, including a degree or further study
- Experience of working at an executive support level
- Experience of working in the music or entertainment industries
- Experience using Monday.com or similar project management tools
- Experience or interest in technology and harnessing the power of data to derive business insights. Working knowledge of PowerBI,
- Tableau or other data visualisation tools would be hugely advantageous.
- A track record in successful project management
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere.
Before the fans and fame, the soundtracks and syncs, there is the song. And before the song comes the songwriter – the heart of an art form that defines generations, and the soul of our business. Songwriters are our inspiration; we are their partners, collaborators, and crusaders.
Songwriters shape culture; and here at WCM we help hone their craft, build their careers, and protect their legacies. We value curiosity, collaboration, and commitment – which helps set us apart and helps us in our commitment and global service to our songwriters.
We are Warner Chappell Music – where songwriters are heard.
About Warner Music Group: With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.