Waxploitation Records is seeking a full-time in-house Publicist to be based in Los Angeles, though applicants in New York would be considered.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, and well-connected and a creative individual with tangible music business experience in public relations.
Familiarity with the label, our fan base and our artists’ music as well as a general passion for music is essential.
The ability to stay organized, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritize a heavy workload independently in a busy work environment is a must.
Candidate should also have experience with relevant and emerging media outlets, digital platforms and culture. Existing relationships in the media landscape are essential.
- Develop and implement press and promo strategies
- Write artist bios, press releases, and other press materials
- Pitching for coverage across print, online, radio, TV and new media for in-house campaigns
- Create press and radio reports and sharing them internally and externally
- Coordinate press and radio opportunities around tours and throughout campaigns
Skills & experience
- Genuine passion for and knowledge of Waxploitation’s catalogue and current roster
- Experience in music publicity
- Good knowledge of the media landscape with extensive contacts and good relationships with writers, editors, publishers, TV bookers, photographers, etc.
- Good time management skills, with the ability to prioritize own workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Essential: MS Office and Google Apps. Knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator could be useful.
- Resourceful at working with independent label budget
- Attention to detail is a must
Salary: Competitive. First year as independent contractor.
Please send a resume and short cover letter saying why you would be suitable for the role to email@example.com with “In-House Publicist” in the subject line. The deadline is 5pm on 30 May 2018.
Founded in 1996, Waxploitation is best known for developing and managing the careers of Gnarls Barkley, and Danger Mouse, as well as developing and Co-Managing Broken Bells. Recently the company has created projects like Stories for Ways & Means with Tom Waits, Nick Cave, Bon Iver, and Devendra Banhart to name a few.