Role: Head of Finance
Company: Warp (Records & Publishing)
Location: Remote & Office-based (North London, NW5)
Salary: Competitive & Dependant on Experience
Closing Date: Monday 23rd August
We are recruiting for a Head of Finance to lead the Finance function for our Recordings and Publishing businesses. In this role, you will have responsibility for the overall running of the Finance department and will produce insightful reports and analysis to support key business decision making.
Warp Records is a leading independent record company based in London, with offices in New York and Los Angeles. Our roster includes Aphex Twin; Flying Lotus; Danny Brown; Brian Eno; Kelela, Yves Tumor; Boards of Canada; Oneohtrix Point Never and many more. We also work in partnership with the labels LuckyMe, On-U Sound, Duophonic, and more.
Our Publishing company provides a personalised music publishing service to a diverse roster of artists, score composers and hit songwriters including Anna Meredith; Danny Brown; Oneohtrix Point Never; Yves Tumor; Khruangbin; Boards of Canada and many more.
In this role as Head of Finance, you will play a key part in driving both the Recordings and Publishing companies’ performance and growth. We are looking for someone with a positive, can-do attitude. This is a hands-on role, and you are expected to get under the skin of both businesses to understand their operational workings, enabling you to provide commercial results and recommendations.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for:
- Mentoring and leading the Finance team in day-to-day activities; having ultimate responsibility for the output and results of the team
- Ensuring accurate monthly management accounts are provided in a timely fashion
- Providing business support and commercial insights to both Recordings & Publishing’s creative and marketing teams
- Running the annual budgeting and forecasting process for both Recordings & Publishing to help support current and future business decisions
- Producing statutory accounts; regulatory reporting and managing the annual audit process
- Identifying and implementing process improvements with the Finance team
- Producing weekly cash flow forecasts and authorising weekly payment runs
- Managing tax compliance (e.g. Corporation Tax; VAT; PAYE etc.) and managing relationships with external stakeholders (e.g. Bank; Auditors etc.)
What skills and experience do you have?
- You are a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with significant post-qualified experience
- Experience in job roles such as Senior Finance Manager; Head of Finance and/or Financial Controller
- Experience of managing a Finance team of at least 4 individuals
- Experience in the implementation of new accounting software and systems
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to translate and convey financial information to non-Finance colleagues
- Advanced Excel skills
- Commercially minded
- Personable and highly results orientated
- Enjoy problem solving and getting stuck into the detail
- Demonstratable experience in working on both strategic and operational tasks simultaneously
- Prior experience in the music (or media) industry would be beneficial
- Strong interest in music and the music business, and excited about the prospect of working for a well-respected and renowned independent record label and music publisher!
How do I apply?
Please send your CV and covering email detailing your experience and why you are the right person to lead our Finance team, to Jo at [email protected]
Thanks for applying! And don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away as we take the time to review all applications.
We recognise the importance of diversity within our teams and are fully committed to embracing all types of talent.
Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required. If there is anything that you want to make us aware of then please let Jo ([email protected]) know at the time of your application.