Warp is a leading independent company releasing music by ground-breaking and influential artists including Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Danny Brown, Brian Eno, Kelela, Yves Tumor, !!!, Tinariwen and many more over its family of labels. Warp has offices in London, Sheffield, New York and Los Angeles.
We are looking for an outstanding and energetic person to join our global team and drive our Public Relations efforts in North America. The chosen candidate will be an intent follower of Warp and our Artists and show a deep knowledge and insight of the key media, spaces, personalities, communities and fan-bases that surround our Artists’ work. You will show an enthusiasm and insight for what Public Relations can be in 2022 and beyond, and be able to translate this into outstanding and meaningful multi-discipline campaigns that bring attention to our projects.
This position will lead public relations for our entire roster and is responsible for media relationships in the United States and Canada, in-house PR outreach and the hiring and liaising with our valued network of third-party PR agencies and partners. The role should support the development of our Artists and Labels in the short and long-term, helping them to grow and meet their career goals in the NA markets and beyond. This position is based in New York with a mixture of office and remote working.
- Leading the Public Relations activities for our family of labels in N America, including Warp Records, LuckyMe, On-U Sound, Roya, PLZ Make It Ruins, Disciples, All Saints and more.
- Nurturing relationships with outlets, writers, presenters and creators from across the contemporary Public Relations spectrum (e.g. curators, press, radio, TV, artists, industry/awards, social media, influencers, podcasts etc).
- Working closely with Artists, Management and the Warp team across all of our offices to develop high-quality and creative PR campaigns and communicate progress and results.
- Identifying and collaborating with third party agencies, ensuring they have the resources and information they need to deliver great work.
- Maximizing the impact of assets and Artists’ activity in this market.
- Securing meaningful PR placements that tell our Artists’ stories and generate impactful exposure for their work.
- Writing press releases and other promotional material.
- Compiling and sharing PR reports and updates.
- Fielding general media enquiries for the company.
- Maintaining a media and influencer contact database.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, both in-person and remote.
- Confident and enthusiastic with the ability to talk engagingly about music and contemporary culture in general.
- Ability to build productive relationships with a range of personalities and backgrounds.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- A results focus and a passion for making things happen.
- Minimum 3 years experience leading Music PR campaigns at an agency or a label, with a proven track record of delivering placements at major publications.
- An innovative outlook for the future of PR and a drive to keep exploring.
- An existing and healthy contact book is a must.
New York based with a mix of office, event and remote working (we remain flexible during the pandemic).
Salary depends on experience.
Apply here: https://smrtr.io/7xXST
Applications close on Jan 27 2022.
Please use the ‘Message To Hiring Manager’ section to provide a full cover letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role, including details of key successes.
Thanks for applying and don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away as we take the time to review all applications.
We recognise the importance of diversity within our teams and are fully committed to embracing all types of talent. Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required. If there is anything that you want to make us aware of then please contact Jo Holder at Warp at the time of your application.