Warp Records is a leading fully independent label with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London and Sheffield.
We release music by groundbreaking and influential Artists across genres with global audiences – Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Danny Brown, Brian Eno, Kelela, Yves Tumor, Boards of Canada, Oneohtrix Point Never and many more. Warp has a rich reputation for innovation in the music, videos and design we release and the business infrastructure that supports them. 2019 is Warp’s 30th Anniversary.
Warp is looking for a North America Label Manager to deliver campaigns for our releases with the goal of helping our Artists reach their potential in North America and globally. The successful candidate will be passionate about the music and people Warp is proud to represent and will have a keen understanding of the current and emerging climate for contemporary music.
They will be adept at utilising relationships, cultural understanding, ideas, data and promo teams to drive the commercial and artistic success of our Artists’ work. They will be a great partner and collaborator to existing Warp staff, third-party partners, Artists and Management. This is a new position reflecting Warp’s continued growth both in North America and globally and will be based in our New York office, reporting to the Director of North America. The role will involve close work alongside our promotional teams in Los Angeles and London. A minimum 4 years experience of delivering high-quality promotion campaigns for music and arts is essential.
- To develop thorough and creative promotional and marketing plans for all our releases, with a view to delivering on the Artists’ creative vision and maximising the commercial return for their works
- To take responsibility to deliver these plans
- To manage the efforts of Warp and External teams during the delivery of campaigns, fostering an energetic, creative, collaborative, supportive, informed and results-oriented culture
- To offer high quality mentoring to other Warp staff in NYC and LA
- To develop outstanding, long-term relationships with valuable partners, agencies and suppliers
- To oversee the delivery of effective advertising strategies
- To effectively utilise relevant data and analytics in making strategic choices
- To drive the creation of timely, meaningful and valuable campaign reporting for Artists, Management and partners
- To be an effective advocate for North American needs, while at the same time understanding and supporting Global priorities
- To contribute to the general development of the Warp business in North America and beyond
- A knowledge and passion for the roster of Artists we represent
- A proven, demonstrable expertise in running holistic, innovative and successful campaigns for music releases
- An exceptional communicator and organizer, who hits deadlines and is able to prioritize their own efforts and that of a wider team
- A thorough and up to date understanding of the North American music market, promotion and live landscape
- A sophisticated understanding of Warp’s competitive and cultural environment
- The ability to translate ambition and creativity into high-level, efficient, effective and actionable strategies
Send a covering letter and resume to email@example.com by 5pm ET, Wednesday 20th February with “NA Label Manager” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.