For over 30 years, Warp has been a synonym for adventures in sound and vision. We are now a leading independent music company representing ground-breaking and influential artists, including Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Danny Brown, Kelela, Nightmares on Wax, Squid, Oneohtrix Point Never, Nala Sinephro, Autechre, Stereolab and many more across our family of labels, which includes Warp Records, LuckyMe, Roya, PLZ Make It Ruinz, On-U Sound and more. We have offices in London, New York City, Los Angeles and Sheffield.
We are looking for an outstanding and energetic person to join our team as Marketing Manager. Reporting to our Head of Marketing, this position will work closely with our project Campaign Managers, A&R and Label Heads to create and deliver exceptional marketing initiatives which excite fans and enhance discovery, listening and sales of our music. You will develop a deep understanding of our artists’ fans, along with using knowledge and experience of communication channels, digital services and partners to find ways to enhance our Artists’ music and stories. You will find ways to navigate the rapidly evolving world of music marketing and creatively employ new technology in ways that complement our Artists and labels.
This position will be perfect for someone with experience in music or media marketing and a passion for our Artists. You will be driven, able to take the kernel of an idea and run with it. You will have an independent mindset and always be on the lookout for new ways to excite fans. You will be detail and results-oriented, creative, collaborative and hugely motivated to contribute to the health of cutting edge, independent music culture.
- Create and deliver, bespoke marketing and sales initiatives, from simple mailing list growth campaigns, to headline grabbing announcements and events.
- Identify instances of viral growth and action timely strategies to nurture these moments.
- Drive a platform optimisation strategy for all labels, including but not limited to, mailing lists, YouTube, Twitch, Discord, Facebook etc.
- Maintain and share best practices with Artist teams so that they can factor these elements into plans.
- Plan and deliver strategies to develop, grow and enhance Artist/label fan audiences both in and outside of new release schedules.
- Report back to the team with meaningful results and data, eg ROI, traffic, sources, engagements etc.
- Create briefs, appraise the approach and monitor activity across selected advertising campaigns.
- Identify emerging partners and services that can offer exciting new opportunities to our labels and artists.
- You’ll hold a burning passion for new music and contemporary culture, a knowledge and understanding of our roster and a desire to dig deeper.
- You’ll have a proven track record of success in delivering major, global marketing projects and audience growth initiatives.
- You’ll understand and be able to take an innovative approach to new technologies and how to use them to develop both new and more traditional income streams.
- You’ll be an outstanding communicator, equally at home talking to teams, artists and management. You will be able to work effectively across multiple departments and get people on side.
- You’ll be able to balance multiple projects and responsibilities at once with outstanding time management skills.
- You’ll have the flexibility to travel and be happy to spend time working from our different offices.
- Direct professional music/arts marketing experience is good but not essential, you may come from an agency, brand or other similar organisation.
- A qualification in marketing would be desirable but is not essential with the right experience.
- North London based office with flexible working.
- Salary dependent on experience
- Please apply here: https://smrtr.io/b3TXs
- Please use the ‘Message To Hiring Manager’ section to provide a full cover letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role. Candidates who do not provide a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close on August 22nd 2022.
We recognise the importance of diversity within our teams and are fully committed to embracing all types of talent. Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required. If there is anything that you want to make us aware of then please note this at the time of your application.
Thanks for applying and don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away as we take the time to review all applications.