Warp is a leading independent record company releasing music by innovative and influential artists including Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Vegyn, MIKE, Nala Sinephro, Danny Brown, Yves Tumor, Kelela, Mount Kimbie, Kelly Moran, Nightmares on Wax, !!!, Battles and many more over its family of labels.
We are looking for a passionate and driven person to join the team to aid in a broad range of day to day activities for our labels in North America. The Marketing Coordinator will provide support for the team to deliver outstanding campaigns for Warp and its labels. The role will have exposure and input into all the key areas of our activity including promotions, retail, streaming, analytics, live events, financial operations, office administration, A&R and artist development.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about Warp’s labels and artists and a voracious follower of the wider contemporary music and arts landscape. They will be attentive, detail-oriented and keen to learn, with a desire to make a real contribution to the company across this range of areas as a key member of our passionate, global team. This position will offer a broad, active role at a leading independent label with exposure, support and development and is an ideal next step for people looking to build a meaningful career in music.
This role is based in our New York office.
- Utilising understanding of contemporary music/arts to make creative contributions.
- Supporting and running selected initiatives.
- Sales and promotions research for campaigns & new signings.
- Building relationships with external partners.
- Pitching music to retail and streaming.
- Retail operations including metadata, product set up and liaison with operations.
- Managing the internal events calendar, coordinating guest lists and ticket buys.
- Coordinating events and promotional activity, such as listenings, shows, label fairs and more.
- Booking Artist travel and managing itineraries.
- Office administrative tasks.
- Communicative and enthusiastic to learn.
- Confident and enthusiastic communicator with the ability to talk engagingly about music.
- Detail-oriented and strong care towards the accuracy and presentation of their work.Highly organized and able to work quickly to meet deadlines.
- Understanding of the recorded music process (creation / distribution / marketing).
- Fluent with Google Workspace & Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud & Slack are a strong plus.
- 1-3 years of experience in a music industry role preferred.
We believe in having a diversity of perspectives in our team and we are fully committed to embracing all types of talent. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required.
This position is based in our New York office with a mix of office and remote working.
How to Apply
You can apply here: https://smrtr.io/gk69_
Applications close at Noon ET on Monday September 18, 2023.
Please provide a full cover letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role, including details of key experience and achievements.
We really appreciate your interest in Warp and the time and effort it takes to submit an application. Please don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away as we take the time to review all candidates. Our interview process generally involves a screening interview and a couple of interviews and a pre-planned presentation with some of the people that you would be working closely with.
In compliance with New York Pay Transparency Law, the anticipated annual pay range for this position is between $45,000 and $55,000. Please note this is an estimate and we will determine various factors such as relevant work experience, key skills and training as some of the factors behind the salary offer. Please be assured that we will be transparent and open about this through the process and welcome questions.
In addition, we strongly believe in a healthy work/life balance and are happy to offer a competitive benefits package:
- 100% of premium for Individual coverage of company designated Health (PPO), Vision & Dental plans (or option to apply company contribution to other supported plans)
- 50% of Dependents default Health, Vision & Dental up to a cap
- 401K Plan with Corporate Match
- Optional Life Insurance
- 20 days PTO + 13 days for Federal Holidays