Warp Records – Legal and Business Affairs assistant
Warp Records are seeking a legal and business affairs assistant to join their team in London. Warp Records is a leading independent label working with artists such as Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Brian Eno, Flying Lotus, Danny Brown, Kelela, Oneohtrix Point Never and Yves Tumor. The role will also give the opportunity to work closely with other parts of the Warp Group including Warp Publishing and our rapidly growing retail and technology businesses.
We are looking for a bright, confident and ambitious individual with a proven interest in media and entertainment law who holds ambitions of a career within the music industry.
You will report directly to the Head of Legal and Business Affairs and work closely with all other areas of the business.
You will be primarily responsible for the admin of the department, negotiating and drafting a wide range of agreements (including video, artwork and featured artist agreements), maintaining filing and rights management systems and assisting with clearances.
- Law degree and/or LPC qualification.
- Music industry experience is preferred, but not essential.
- A passion for music and the business around it.
- A good eye for detail and an ability to work effectively under time pressure with limited supervision and common sense.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Confidence, with an ability and willingness to cultivate close relationships with colleagues and external third parties.
- A team player with a good sense of humour and a professional work ethic.
Please send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Salary dependant on experience. Closing date 29th February 2020.