Warp Records is a leading fully independent label with offices in London, New York, Los Angeles and Sheffield. We release music by ground-breaking and influential artists across genres with global audiences including Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Danny Brown, Brian Eno, Kelela, Yves Tumor, Boards of Canada, Oneohtrix Point Never and many more.
We also provide services to a small family of labels including On U Sound, LuckyMe, Duophonic, Black Focus and Fade to Mind. Warp has a rich reputation for innovation in the music, videos and design that we release and the business infrastructure that supports these activities. 2019 is Warp’s 30th Anniversary.
We are looking for an experienced person to manage sales and retail for our artists across all labels. This includes working with physical retail and distributors, DSPs, as well as planning and delivering exciting D2C promotions both within and outside record release campaign cycles.
The successful candidate will have at least 3 years of experience in music or merchandise sales or distribution. They will be commercially minded with a proven track record of delivering sales and profitable campaigns.
They will have the drive to innovate and deliver high-quality D2C products and experiences to fans of our artists. They will have a good understanding of streaming and the digital music landscape. They will have a passion for the artists and labels that we work with. They will be both highly collaborative, to work closely with the wider team on campaign activity, and highly self-sufficient and entrepreneurial to drive longer-term strategies. They will work closely with campaign managers in the UK and US, international marketing teams, production, promotions and our internal technology team. This position will be based in our London office.
- Enhancing our relationships with retailers, DSPs and distributors to work with them to deliver successful new release and catalogue campaigns.
- Creating and delivering successful global D2C strategies for our artists through their own stores, Bleep and other platforms. This includes music, merchandise and other products.
- Pitching new releases to DSPs and co-ordinating strategy with international teams.
- Developing our artists and label merchandise business.
- Working with campaign managers and marketing manager on delivering these elements as part of release campaigns, including where appropriate pre-orders, bundles, ticket promotions, merch drops, special editions and value adds.
- Managing product set up, sales notes, priority sheets, pricing and stock levels across stores, distributors and territories.
- Co-ordinating global retail initiatives and assets between UK, US and international departments.
- Regular reporting to label, artists and management.
- A thorough and up to date understanding of retail, the streaming environment and D2C.
- The ability to translate ambition and creativity into, efficient, effective campaigns
- A knowledge of, and passion for the artists and labels that we work with.
- Commercially driven, with a high level of numeracy and confidence in budgeting and pricing.
- An exceptional communicator and organizer, who hits deadlines and is able to prioritize their own efforts and that of a wider team.
- Experience in running successful D2C campaigns.
- Great attention to detail and commitment to quality.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com with Head of Sales and Retail as the subject.
Closing date: 1st April 2019