Head of E-Commerce
London, UK Full-time
For over 30 years, Warp has been a synonym for adventures in sound and vision. We are now a leading independent music company representing ground-breaking and influential artists, including Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Danny Brown, Kelela, Nightmares on Wax, Squid, Oneohtrix Point Never, Nala Sinephro, Autechre, Stereolab and many more across our family of labels, which includes Warp Records, LuckyMe, Roya, PLZ Make It Ruinz, On-U Sound and more.
Warp has alway been a leader in music retail; launching Warpmart in the early days of the internet, launching Bleep.com as an early digital download store and then developing it into a leading online music store and founding the D2C solutions company Ochre.
We are now looking for an experienced, energetic and entrepreneurial person to become the driving force behind our e-commerce and D2C strategy across our family of labels and across all e-commerce channels moving forward. You will lead on both strategy and delivery of all e-commerce at Warp including, but not limited to our own store Bleep.com, our label stores, Artist stores, Bandcamp, marketplaces and social selling.
You should deeply understand our products and customers and share our dedication to supporting the artists and labels we work with, delivering an exceptional experience for our customers. You will review and define our e-commerce offering, creating a mix of options that work for all labels, artists and projects. You will manage a team to plan, develop and deliver e-commerce sales and direct marketing campaigns, motivating and developing this team to deliver on our campaign and broader e-commerce objectives.
You will have an entrepreneurial attitude and be constantly aware of developments in direct-to-fan selling and be on the lookout for ways to grow and develop our services.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a proven e-commerce sales background to shape our business moving forward, working with many ground-breaking artists and labels and an exciting roster of projects lined up for 2023 and beyond.
- Development and delivery of our e-commerce strategy.
- Own the P&L for e-commerce including Bleep.com, D2C and marketplace selling.
- Oversee D2C campaign strategy.
- Devise and lead Bleep’s wider e-commerce strategy for third party products lines.
- Manage and develop a team to deliver e-commerce functions.
- Oversee the development of marketing strategies and campaigns in collaboration with our label marketing teams.
- Lead on D2C operations working closely with our internal teams and external partners.
- Reporting on sales and stock and developing KPIs for business analysis.
- Proven sales experience with a strong understanding of all aspects of e-commerce including operations and reporting.
- Well versed in e-commerce tools and operations.
- Budget management and good business acumen, including the ability to forecast store activity, ensuring business profitability.
- The ability to analyse and make decisions based on data.
- An exceptional leader and people manager.
- An understanding of our labels and their place in music culture.
- An understanding of the music retail landscape.
- Experience of merchandising sales and operations would be an advantage.
- North London based office with flexible working.
- Salary dependent on experience
Please apply here: https://smrtr.io/bxW_j
Please use the ‘Message To Hiring Manager’ section to provide a full cover letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role. Candidates who do not provide a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close on 03/10/22.
We recognise the importance of diversity within our teams and are fully committed to embracing all types of talent. Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required. If there is anything that you want to make us aware of then please note this at the time of your application.
Thanks for applying and don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away as we take the time to review all applications.