For over 30 years, Warp Records has been a synonym for adventures in sound and vision. We are now a leading independent label representing ground-breaking and influential artists, including Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Danny Brown, Kelela, Nightmares on Wax, Squid, Oneohtrix Point Never, Nala Sinephro, Autechre and many more.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate music obsessive to join our A&R team. This team forms the creative heart of the label and are responsible for both working with our existing roster and finding, signing and nurturing new talent to be their creative best. You will have a proven track record of working with artists, supporting them through the recording process and over-seeing music and visual creative across release campaigns. You will be immersed in music across genres, the visual arts and have an in-depth knowledge of contemporary music culture and its history. You will hold an excellent knowledge of Warp’s current roster and legacy and have well formed ideas about the future of the label.
- Working with a roster of our existing Artists to support them through the complete A&R cycle of a record.
- Managing the recording process, including managing budgets, finding collaborators, managing studios and keeping detailed records.
- Discovering and signing new Artists to the label.
- Overseeing creative and visual material for release projects including photography, design, video and more.
- Inspiring internal and external teams around our Artists’ music and setting the creative tone for our release projects.
- Energy and passion for music and visual arts.
- A great communicator, able to speak confidently to Artists, management, staff and partners.
- A collaborative approach, able to get people on side.
- A self-starter, able to manage time effectively to get results.
- Highly creative with the ability to create a vision for a project.
- Experience of working with Artists is a must.
- A good business sense and an understanding of record deals and basic intellectual property law.
- North London based office with flexible working.
- Salary dependent on experience
- Please apply here: https://smrtr.io/b3V57
- Please use the ‘Message To Hiring Manager’ section to provide a full cover letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role. Candidates who do not provide a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close on August 22nd 2022.
We recognise the importance of diversity within our teams and are fully committed to embracing all types of talent. Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required. If there is anything that you want to make us aware of then please note this at the time of your application.
Thanks for applying and don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away as we take the time to review all applications.