ACCOUNTS PAYABLE LEAD
Warp is a leading independent record and music publishing company releasing music by ground-breaking and influential artists, including Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Danny Brown, Brian Eno, Nightmares on Wax, Squid, Autechre, Stereolab and many more.
An experienced accounts payable lead is required for a key role in the finance department.
Reporting to the Finance Manager and working as part of a team of four in the UK office, the role will have day to day responsibility for the management of all aspects of accounts payable for the Warp group of companies. This includes data entry and processing of up to 150 weekly invoices across two finance systems (Microsoft Dynamics and Xero) as well as responsibility for the payment run on Barclays. The role also covers supplier statement reconciliations, staff expense processing and ad-hoc query resolution.
There’s regular interaction with non-financial staff throughout the business, so good people skills and prior experience of working within a music or media organisation would be advantageous but are not essential. Candidates should be enthusiastic, with a can-do attitude and be willing to learn and grow in a fast paced, young and often noisy environment!
- Data entry input, coding, and payment of all purchase invoices onto two finance systems.
- Ownership of account payable sub ledgers for all group companies. Ensuring all supplier accounts are regularly reconciled and any discrepancies dealt with efficiently.
- Multi-currency bank payments and reconciliations including in GBP, EUR and USD.
- Processing and ownership of employee expenses using Expensify and Barclaycard.
- Dealing with supplier invoice queries and setting up new vendors.
- Management of relationships with supplier finance teams.
- Management of the weekly payment run, ensuring suppliers are paid in a timely manner.
- An excellent team player, who can work autonomously and drive purchase ledger cycles.
- An organised approach with excellent time management skills.
- Understanding of accounting processes and procedures.
- Studying for professional qualification preferred.
- Exceptional Excel skills.
- Good communication and numeracy skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to use your initiative and a can-do attitude.
- An analytical and logical approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines.
- North London-based office with flexible working.
- Salary of up to £35,000 dependent on experience.
- A study support package.
Apply here: https://smrtr.io/dGNcf
Please use the ‘Message To Hiring Manager’ section to provide a full cover letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role. Candidates who do not provide a cover letter will not be considered.