Warp is a leading, fully-independent music and arts company. We are proud to partner with some of the most groundbreaking and influential artists working today: Aphex Twin, Yves Tumor, Nala Sinephro, Flying Lotus, Danny Brown, Kelly Moran, Squid, Kelela, Stereolab, Oneohtrix Point Never, Autechre, Nosaj Thing, Tinariwen and many more across our labels, including Warp Records, LuckyMe, On-U Sound, PLZ Make It Ruins, Disciples, Roya and more.
We are delighted to be able to share a new and exciting opportunity to play a key role in our global team as North American Marketing Manager. The position will identify opportunities for our roster of Artists and Labels and deliver outstanding, market-leading promotion campaigns. It will be responsible for creating activity, moments and partnerships that contribute to both the Artist’s creative vision as well as the promotional and commercial goals of a project. It will also work with Management, Agents, Artists and our network of valued partners to represent the territory in ways that help navigate the rapidly changing music environment, and support the long-term careers of our Artists.
This position is perfect for a driven, creative, dedicated and team-orientated person, with the insight, range and passion to contribute towards the next wave of era-defining, vanguard music.
- Delivering memorable and effective Marketing campaigns in North America and beyond.
- Maintaining an up-to-date understanding of N. America needs and opportunities and contributing these into global plans and resource planning.
- Collaborating daily with people across Warp departments including A&R, Campaign Management, Marketing, Retail, Production, D2C
- Social Media and Promotions in both the US and International Markets.
- Flexibility to work in a support role or lead a campaign from a US standpoint.
- Nurturing relationships with outlets, writers, presenters and creators from across the spectrum (e.g. curators, press, radio, TV, artists, industry/awards, social media, influencers, podcasts etc) and identifying those who can add value to campaigns.
- Programming events and other promotional happenings.
- Identifying, collaborating and negotiating deals with third party agencies (press, radio etc), ensuring they have the resources and information they need to deliver great work.
- Writing marketing plans, managing budgets, programming advertising and reporting on results.
- Minimum 3-5 years proven track record supporting Artists.
- The ability to communicate with artists, managers and teammates in an effective, sensitive and strategic way.
- Instinctive and knowledgeable opinions on the contemporary music landscape.
- Highly organized and a motivated self-starter.
- A good team player, able to take different roles on specific projects.
- The skills to lead and support teams of confident professionals.
- Passionate about finding audiences for a range of credible and successful artists across genres.
This position is based in our New York office with a mix of office and remote working.
We believe in having a diversity of perspectives in our team and we are fully committed to embracing all types of talent. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and use the ‘Message To Hiring Manager’ section to provide a full cover letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role, including details of key experience and achievements.
Apply here: https://smrtr.io/f6Kb2
Applications close at 10am ET on Monday 12 June, 2023.
We really appreciate your interest in Warp and the time and effort it takes to submit an application. Please don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away as we take the time to review all candidates. Our interview process generally involves a screening interview and a couple of interviews and a pre-planned presentation with some of the people that you would be working closely with.
In compliance with New York Pay Transparency Law, the anticipated salary range for this position is between $60,000 and $80,000. Please note this is an estimate and we will determine various factors such as relevant work experience, key skills and training as some of the factors behind the salary offer. Please be assured that we will be transparent and open about this through the process and welcome questions.
In addition, we strongly believe in a healthy work/life balance and are happy to offer a competitive benefits package:
- 100% of premium for Individual coverage of company designated Health (PPO), Vision & Dental plans (or option to apply company contribution to other supported plans)
- 50% of Dependents default Health, Vision & Dental up to a cap
- 401K Plan with Corporate Match
- Optional Life Insurance
- 20 days PTO + 13 days for Federal Holidays