We are delighted to be recruiting for a UK General Manager to join our global independent publishing company. We are looking for a commercially minded individual to manage the operations of our music publishing business.
Reporting to the MD, the General Manager will oversee all commercial and administrative elements of running the company. You will have responsibility for managing the copyright and royalties’ team; assessing and negotiating new business; improving efficiency and profitability; overseeing budgets; ensuring the worldwide income collection and royalty accounting processes are running on time and are effective.
Warp Publishing is a leading independent music publishing company with offices in London and Los Angeles. We provide a personalised music publishing service to a diverse and unique roster of artists, score composers and hit songwriters including Anna Meredith; Danny Brown; Oneohtrix Point Never; Yves Tumor; Khruangbin; Boards of Canada and many more.
With the expertise we have developed over the last 30 years, we deliver landmark creative opportunities for our artists across songwriting, collaborations, synch and score.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Overseeing all commercial and administrative elements of running the music publishing business
- Managing Copyright and Royalties team; ensuring all copyrights are effectively managed
- Working with A&R to identify and assess new business opportunities, and with Business Affairs to structure, negotiate and close deals
- Providing input and support to facilitate deal making and the closing of deals
- Working with Copyright and Business Affairs to ensure awareness of renewal dates, rights expiries, and developing appropriate proposals
- Strategic planning with Managing Director: setting targets; regularly analysing and reporting on performance against targets
- Working with Finance to set annual budgets, taking responsibility for day-to-day management and control of all budgeting
- Analysing monthly management accounts and providing regular business reports
- Maintaining and developing systems for the efficient operation and growth of the business
- Identifying partners for sub-publishing (where required), and overseeing and maintaining sub-publisher relationships
- Maintaining and developing relationships with key contacts i.e., lawyers, rights owners, managers
- Working closely with the A&R team to ensure all artists and management queries are resolved
- Identifying and pursuing new business opportunities to maximise commercial rights opportunities
- Maintaining expert knowledge and awareness of the industry.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
This is a great opportunity for someone who has significant experience working in music publishing or other relevant experience within the music industry in a role combining management and business skills.
We expect you to be passionate about our roster and independent music, knowledgeable about the wider music publishing business and enthusiastic about providing a great service to our artists.
You need to be able to demonstrate strong attention to detail, organisational and interpersonal skills. You will have demonstrable experience of your excellent negotiation, data analysis and project management skills. You can successfully lead a team, as well as set and deliver against ambitious business and financial targets.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Please send your CV and a covering email detailing your experience and why you would make a great addition to our Publishing team to Jo at: [email protected]
Thanks for applying! And don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away as we take the time to review all applications.
We recognise the importance of diversity within our teams and are fully committed to embracing all types of talent.
Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required. If there is anything that you want to make us aware of then please let Jo ([email protected]) know at the time of your application.