Role: Senior A&R (US)
Company: Warp Publishing
Location: Los Angeles
Salary: Competitive & Dependant on Experience
Closing Date: Monday 9th August
Warp Publishing are looking for an experienced and visionary A&R who knows and wants to champion our roster.
As Senior A&R, you will be developing the careers of our artists and writers, and taking the lead for the signing of artists and catalogues in North America.
Warp Publishing is a leading independent music publishing company with offices in London and Los Angeles. We provide a personalised music publishing service to a diverse and unique roster of artists, score composers and hit songwriters including Anna Meredith; Danny Brown; Oneohtrix Point Never; Yves Tumor; Khruangbin; Boards of Canada and many more.
With the expertise we have developed over the last 30 years, we deliver landmark creative opportunities for our artists across songwriting, collaborations, synch and score.
You will be responsible for:
- Discovering and signing songwriters, artists and catalogues
- Working with our writers to develop and implement a strategy to achieve their ambitions
- Acting as the primary point of contact for writers and managers
- Building and maintaining a network of contacts; artists, record labels, publishers and management companies
- Securing writing sessions and collaborations
- Pitching our catalogue and writers to secure song placements
- Managing our writing room and arranging recording studios
- Working closely with our writers, their managers and the UK team to achieve artist and company objectives
- Playing an active and leading role in Warp Publishing’s growth in North America
What skills and experience do you have?
- Proven track record in a similar role within the music publishing business
- Great music knowledge and of the Warp Publishing roster
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently; take initiative, and solve problems
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with the Warp team and with partners
- Commercial awareness of the market; new music trends; music business developments and challenges
- Have a credible and extensive existing network of contacts: managers; lawyers; songwriters; producers etc
- Strong understanding of music publishing, contracts, and the value of copyright
- Organised, with excellent time management skills and exemplary attention to detail
- Passionate about driving our A&R activities in North America and excited to drive and secure further successes for Warp
How do I apply?
Please send your resume and a covering email detailing your experience and why you are the right person to lead our North American A&R activities, to Jo at [email protected]
Thanks for applying! And don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away as we take the time to review all applications.
We recognise the importance of diversity within our teams and are fully committed to embracing all types of talent. Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required. If there is anything that you want to make us aware of then please let Jo ([email protected]) know at the time of your application.