Income Tracking Manager, Warp Publishing
Warp Publishing is a leading independent music publishing company representing music by Khruangbin, Dry Cleaning, Danny Brown, Nightmares on Wax and many more.
We are looking for an experienced Income Tracking Manager, with a strong focus on data analysis and reporting, to be based in our London office with a hybrid office and work from home model.
Looking after Income Tracking as part of the Copyright and Royalties Team. Based in Kentish Town, London, you will report to the General Manager. You will have a passion for music and a strong interest in music publishing.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years experience working in an administrative role for a music publisher or collection society but it is not vital. Candidates from outside of the music industry are encouraged to apply.
- Import income statements and look after song matching in preparation for royalty processing
- Compare income statements with amounts received and resolve any discrepancies with clients and Accounts
- Design and implement custom Income Tracking reports to analyse the income collected and highlight discrepancies
- Resolve Income Tracking and Copyright queries working closely with the Copyright and Royalties team, collection societies & sub-publishers worldwide
- Track performance royalties linked to synch uses together with the copyright and synch department, ensuring all cue sheets and original works in synch placements are registered, audio is uploaded to tracking platforms and in the relevant territories.
- Notify live performances and setlists, track live performance income in all relevant territories
- Manage Mechanical Licensing including UK via MCPS and direct collection from labels in the US
- Regularly audit catalogue information held by collection partners and DSPs using bespoke tools
- Review unclaimed income files and implement bespoke matching algorithms
- Prepare royalty statements to be reviewed by the Royalties Manager
- Contribute to financial projections with the General Manager
- Provide regular reporting and progress updates to the General Manager
- Very strong analytical and data manipulation skills
- Passion for music and a strong interest in music publishing
- Previous experience and/or degree of study involving high amounts of analysis and data manipulation
- Excellent attention to detail, an inquisitive mind with excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Experience dealing with collection societies and DSPs
Lastly……thanks for applying and don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away, as we take the time to review all our applications thoroughly.
We recognise the importance of diversity within our teams and are fully committed to embracing all types of talent.
Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required. If there is anything that you want to make us aware of then please let us know at the time of your application.