Warp Publishing is hiring for the position of Head of Warp Publishing, North America, to lead our team in LA and drive our development in the USA and Canada.
Warp Publishing is a leading independent music publishing company with offices in London and LA.
Warp Publishing provides a personalised music publishing service to a diverse and unique roster of artists, score composers and hit songwriters including Anna Meredith, Danny Brown, Oneohtrix Point Never, Yves Tumor, Khruangbin, Death Grips, Kwes, Miguel Atwood-Ferguson, Morgan Geist, Boards of Canada, Tim Hecker and many more.
Warp has a rich reputation for innovation in music and for the business infrastructure that supports its artists. 2019 is Warp’s 30th Anniversary.
We aim to create a work culture which has creativity, independence and fairness at its core.
Head of Warp Publishing, North America
Warp office, Los Angeles
- You will develop Warp Publishing in the USA and Canada, lead the LA office team, bring in outstanding creative opportunities for our artists and sign the best new talent and catalogues.
- You will work closely with our artists and the UK team, build on our successes and drive our growth in North America as well as contribute to our development worldwide.
- You will be visionary, innovative and able to inspire and develop your team in a supportive environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the LA creative team to bring in outstanding opportunities for our artists;
- Signing the best new talent and catalogues;
- Facilitating songwriting, collaborations and guest feature opportunities working closely with our UK and LA team, record labels, publishers and management companies;
- Bringing in synch deals and score commissions working closely with an extensive network from filmmakers and videogame developers to global brands;
- You will assume full leadership of the LA office staff and running of the LA office, including day-to-day priorities, mentoring, and regular reviews.
- 8+ years experience working in music publishing or other relevant experience within A&R/songwriting, synch, score, in a role combining creative and business skills
- Ability to lead a team as well as set and deliver ambitious creative and financial objectives
- A passion for independent music, knowledgeable about music publishing and enthusiastic about providing a great service to our artists
- Understanding Warp’s competitive and cultural environment
- Excellent reputation and extensive network of industry contacts
Send your covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Head of Warp Publishing, North America” by March 4th, 2019. We look forward to hearing from you.