Head of Warp Publishing US
Warp Publishing is hiring for the position of Head of Warp Publishing US, to lead our team in LA and drive our development in the US.
Warp Publishing is a leading independent music publishing company with offices in London and LA.
Warp Publishing provides a personalised music publishing service to a diverse and unique roster of artists, composers and hit songwriters including, Boards of Canada, Danny Brown, Yves Tumor, Kelsey Lu, Miguel Atwood-Ferguson, Dry Cleaning, Caterina Barbieri and many more.
Warp has a rich reputation for innovation in music and for the business infrastructure that supports its artists. We aim to create a work culture which has creativity, independence and fairness at its core.
- You will develop Warp Publishing in the US, lead the LA publishing team, help bring in outstanding creative opportunities for our artists in sync and score and work closely with the A&R team to sign the best new talent and catalogues.
- You will work closely with our artists and the worldwide teams, build on our successes and drive our growth in the US, as well as contribute to our development worldwide
- You will be visionary, innovative and able to inspire and develop the team in a supportive environment.
- Responsible for the growth of Warp Publishing in the US
- Lead the LA creative team to bring in outstanding opportunities for our artists; – Lead the sync team in securing sync deals, brand partnerships and score commissions working closely with an extensive network from filmmakers and video game developers to global brands;
- Facilitate signing the best talent and catalogues alongside the A&R team in the US and UK
- Work with A&R to identify and assess new business opportunities – Assume full leadership of the LA publishing staff, including day-to-day priorities, mentoring, and reviews. Set and deliver ambitious creative and financial objectives alongside the senior management team. Identifying and pursuing new business opportunities in all areas of the business.
- 8+ years experience working in music publishing or other relevant experience within sync, score and A&R, in a role combining creative and business skills
- An established network of music supervision and other contacts in Advertising, Film/TV, Trailers and Videogames, proactive in creating new client relationships – Experience in leading a team
- A passion for independent music, knowledgeable about music publishing and enthusiastic about providing a great service to our artists
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Confident and enthusiastic with the ability to talk engagingly about music and contemporary culture in general;
- The ideal candidate will be an intent follower of Warp Publishing and our artists, confident and enthusiastic in outwardly representing our artists in the US.
Thanks for applying! And don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away as we take the time to review all applications. We recognise the importance of diversity within our teams and are fully committed to embracing all types of talent.