Head of Publishing US, Warp Publishing
Warp Publishing is a leading independent music publishing company and provides a personalized music publishing service to a diverse and unique active roster of artists, composers and hit songwriters, including Bibio, Boards of Canada, Danny Brown, Kwes, Yves Tumor, Kelsey Lu, Miguel Atwood-Ferguson, Dry Cleaning, Caterina Barbieri and many more. Additionally, the company manages the catalogs of Daniel Lopatin, Mount Kimbie and Khruangbin.
Warp has a rich reputation for innovation in music and for the business infrastructure that supports its artists. We aim to create a work culture which has creativity, independence and fairness at its core.
For more information about the company visit www.warppublishing.net.
The role develops Warp Publishing in the US, leads the LA publishing team, helps bring in outstanding creative opportunities for Warp’s artists and creators in sync and score and works with the A&R team in London and LA to sign the best new talent and catalogs.
The Head of Publishing US works closely with our artists and the worldwide teams, builds on our successes and drives Warp Publishing’s growth in the US, as well as contributes to the Company’s development worldwide. The ideal hire is visionary, innovative and able to inspire and develop the team in a supportive environment.
The position reports to the Managing Director of Warp Publishing and directly manages a staff of 3 including an A&R Manager, a Senior Creative Licensing Manager and a Licensing and Composer Manager.
This is a full time, exempt, hybrid role with 3 days per week in the office based in Los Angeles.
- Develop an actionable strategic plan and growth metrics for the US publishing and sync business that aligns with the goals of the overall Company.
- Responsible for the growth of Warp Publishing in the US.
- Lead the LA creative team to bring in outstanding opportunities for our artists.
- Lead by example in securing sync deals, brand partnerships and score commissions – working closely with an extensive network from filmmakers and video game developers to global brands.
- Facilitate and actively sign the best talent and catalogs alongside the A&R team in the US and UK.
- Work with A&R to identify and assess new business opportunities.
- Assume full leadership of the LA publishing staff, including day-to-day priorities, mentoring, and reviews.
- Set and deliver ambitious creative and financial objectives alongside the senior management team.
- Identifying and pursuing new business opportunities in all areas of the business.
- 8+ years experience working in music publishing or other relevant experience within sync, score and A&R, in a role combining creative and business skills.
- Engaged in and well respected in the sync and music supervision community, with an established network of music supervision and other contacts in Advertising, Film/TV, Trailers and Videogames.
- Skilled and organized in proactive outreach to the creative communities in the US, establishing rapport and building new client relationships.
- Track record of directly contributing to the financial growth of a music company through initiating and closing business and generating sync and other income across the publishing business, and signing revenue generating creators and catalogs.
- Experience leading a team.
- Prior experience managing a P&L.
- A passion for independent music, knowledgeable about music publishing and enthusiastic about providing a great service to our artists.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication.
- Confident and enthusiastic with the ability to talk engagingly about music and contemporary culture in general.
- The ideal candidate will be an intent follower of Warp Publishing and our artists, confident and enthusiastic in outwardly representing our artists in the US.
- Competitive salary, incentive and benefits will be offered, commensurate with the role and experience of the successful candidate. Depending on the exact knowledge, skills, abilities, experience, contacts and location of the final hire, a base salary is budgeted at an annual rate between $140,000 and $160,000.
Equal Opportunity & DEI
Warp is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants, employees and partners. Please contact us at James@EnterGain.com or 917 922 6556 to request any reasonable accommodations to the application process that may be required.
EnterGain is the exclusive recruiter on behalf of Warp for this role. Qualified candidates can apply here https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3776115904 or contact a member of the EnterGain team via email and include “Warp Publishing US” in the subject line.