Warp Publishing is hiring for the position of A&R Manager, North America, based in the Warp LA office.
Warp Publishing is a leading independent music publishing company with offices in London and LA.
Warp Publishing provides a personalised music publishing service to a diverse and unique roster of artists, score composers and hit songwriters including Anna Meredith, Danny Brown, Oneohtrix Point Never, Yves Tumor, Khruangbin, Death Grips, Kwes, Miguel Atwood-Ferguson, Morgan Geist, Boards of Canada, Tim Hecker and many more.
Warp has a rich reputation for innovation in music and for the business infrastructure that supports its artists. 2019 is Warp’s 30th Anniversary.
We aim to create a work culture which has creativity, independence and fairness at its core.
A&R Manager, Warp Publishing – North America
Warp office, Los Angeles
- You will procure outstanding songwriting, collaboration and guest feature opportunities for Warp Publishing in the USA and Canada by working very closely with our current artists and songwriters, as well as sign the best new talent and catalogues.
- You will be visionary, innovative and able to inspire and develop our roster in a supportive environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Signing new writers and producers
- Management of our roster including setting up sessions
- Pitching our song catalogue to artists and labels to secure song placements
- Managing our writing room and arrange recording studios
- Building a network of artists, record labels, publishers and management companies to secure writing sessions, collaborations and guest features
- You will work closely with the UK team to achieve these objectives.
- 2+ years experience working in an A&R role within music publishing or related experience
- A passion for independent music, knowledgeable about music publishing and enthusiastic about providing a great service to our artists
- Understanding Warp’s competitive and cultural environment
- Ability to set and deliver ambitious creative and financial objectives
- Excellent reputation and extensive network of industry contacts
Send your covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “A&R Manager, North America” by March 4th, 2019. We look forward to hearing from you.