Warp is a UK and US based music company. Warp are seeking an experienced Head of People for a new role, based in our London office, who be responsible for people management and policy functions across the Warp companies (including Warp Records, Warp Publishing, Bleep and Ochre).
The role will be challenging but hugely rewarding and is an opportunity to build and lead the HR function and leave a lasting mark on the evolution of Warp into our fourth decade.
Candidates will have a minimum of 7 years’ experience in a people management and HR role and have experience of leading change at a similar sized or larger company. You will be a strong and effective leader who can build this new business function whilst respecting and championing our company’s strong identity, culture, ethos, and ethics.
Warp has been established for over 30 years growing from a record store in Sheffield to a leading independent music company with a global reach working across recorded music, publishing and retail & technology.
- Responsible for all HR functions and processes.
- Development and implementation of people policies & handbook
- Responsible for hiring policy, recruitment & talent acquisition and assisting senior management to ensure that hiring aligns with company aims and requirements.
- Managing onboarding process to ensure successful integration into the company.
- Develop, implement, manage, and champion diversity and inclusion programs (including accessibility, recruitment policies, training, and development) to work with stakeholders with the goal of increasing diversity across all levels of the company.
- Identify, develop and manage community partnerships to improve engagement with local communities in all office locations.
- Identify the need for, and work with, external HR consultants in non-UK locations.
- Development and oversight of intern and work experience schemes.
- Promoting employee health and well-being.
- Development of team culture, including socials and team building.
- Management of staff compensation, benefits, and pension schemes in collaboration with the finance department and senior management.
- Responsible for employee relations including performance and salary review processes, disciplinary procedures, grievances, dispute resolution and developing employee feedback systems.
- Assist the improvement of communication between management and employees.
- Ensure compliance with all HR regulations (including Health and Safety, GDPR etc).
- Work with the senior management team to produce learning and development programs across the company to improve staff development and assist management in implementing policy and strategy.
- Support the senior management team to build and maintain a high-performance, high reward culture and drive the business forward.
- Must be able to understand our businesses our people and our culture.
- CIPD qualified with at least 7+ years’ experience across the entire HR function with experience of a leadership role at an SME company or larger.
- Experience of building an HR function.
- HR expertise and knowledge of UK regulations is essential, a good understanding of US regulations is advantageous.
- Experienced in delivering change and guiding key stakeholders in implementing and accepting change.
- Must be able to show a proven impact on culture and tangible successes in improving employee engagement and people management processes.
- Must be able to balance and connect the needs of the business and employees.
- Must have excellent communication and persuasion skills, emotional intelligence, and be able to speak confidently with authority and credibility to people at all levels of the company.
- Resilient with an ability to work autonomously.
- Experience of working cross territory with teams in multiple time zones to ensure the same level of service across all offices.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected].
Salary will be dependent on experience and the deadline for applications will be 24th July 2020.