The Head of Legal and Business Affairs will manage all legal and business affairs operations across the Warp Group: Warp Records Limited, Warp Music Limited (music publishing), and Bleep Limited (online retail, D2C, fulfilment).
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, responsibilities will include negotiating master recording and publishing agreements, clearing samples and features, and advising on all IP related issues, as well as overseeing all general legal matters.
- Overseeing the legal and business affairs operations, ensuring best practice.
- Facilitating the internal deal approval process to ensure efficient processes between senior management, A&R and artist management.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts with artists, rights-holders, distributors and other partners.
- Ensuring the accurate maintenance of rights information, managing the retention of rights and advising departments accordingly.
- Managing the legal department and personnel.
- Supporting and advising the licensing, publishing, promotion and marketing departments on all business and legal issues, and opportunities where they require guidance.
- Managing and providing guidance on all of Warp’s general legal issues, including employment contracts, leases, and any other business matters relating to Warp’s UK, US, and other international offices.
- Legal training at a well-regarded law firm or music / media company.
- Experience (at least 3 years) within the music recording, publishing and licensing industry with strong understanding of music and IP rights.
- Experience working at an international level with record companies, publishers, lawyers, artists and their managers.
- Experience in commercial, IP, contracts and copyright work (drafting, negotiating and advising).
- The ability to resolve complex issues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong ethical values.
Please send CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 18th June 2018.