Warp are seeking an experienced music business accountant to lead their finance team.
This will be a very rewarding position for a candidate who relishes the challenge of playing a leading role in the development of Warp’s music businesses, which include the Warp Records label, Warp Publishing, and our rapidly growing retail and technology businesses.
Candidates should have 5+ years’ post qualification experience at a record label, music publisher, or similar business, ideally including experience of royalty accounting.
Reporting directly to the Warp MD. This role is based in our North London offices.
The Warp group of companies includes Warp Records, Warp Publishing, Bleep, and Ochre.
2019 is the 30th Anniversary of Warp Records, who’s current roster includes Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Danny Brown, Brian Eno, Kelela, Yves Tumor, Boards of Canada, Oneohtrix Point Never and many more.
Key areas of responsibility include the following:
- Managing the finance and royalties department.
- Supporting and developing the finance team; managing a team of 5 people.
- Financial planning, projections, analysis, and strategy.
- Ensuring that company financial systems are robust and support current activities and future growth; managing upgrades and development.
- Management of the year end, statutory accounts, and audit process.
- Month end reporting for all Warp group entities; group consolidation, variance analysis, detailed reviews and operational analysis (stock reviews, debtor / creditor days).
- Oversee day-to-day accounts processes; ledgers, payments, credit control, bank recs, payroll, inter-company reconciliations.
- Cash Flow forecasting and management.
- Managing budgets.
- Oversee timely and accurate royalty accounting, including mechanical, artist, and producer royalty statements, and systems development.
- Liaise with legal department across all business affairs aspects, especially artist contracts, licensing deals, and international agreements.
Skills and Experience
- Professional accounting qualification.
- At least five years post qualification experience; ideally in a record company, publisher, or other music related business.
- Great leadership, communication, and motivational skills.
- Highly numerate & analytical, with advanced spread-sheet skills.
- Strong systems experience, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of managing and developing staff.
- Experience of processing and organising large data sets.
- Ideally will have familiarity with common recording deal structures, royalty calculations and royalty software and have an understanding of contracts.
- Ability to prepare, summarise and interpret analytics in a concise, digestible and usable manner.
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
Salary: Dependant on experience
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter as separate attachments to email@example.com with the subject ‘Head of Finance’.
The closing date for applications is 2nd September 2019. We look forward to hearing from you.