Warp is a leading independent record and music publishing company releasing music by ground-breaking and influential artists, including Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Danny Brown, Brian Eno, Nightmares on Wax, Squid, Oneohtrix Point Never, Autechre, Stereolab and many more.
We are recruiting for a Finance Manager to join our Finance team, seeking a qualified accountant with 5 + years of industry experience, who is extremely well organised, with faultless attention to detail and shows dedication to quality and accuracy in everything they do. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with the right skills and attitude to make tangible improvements to the efficiency of our finance operations.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Finance Manager will work across all areas of the finance function, and not be afraid to challenge and improve on current processes. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in progressing their finance career in the music industry.
- Managing a team of two to ensure the day-to-day accounts payables / receivable and bookkeeping functions run efficiently
- Maintenance and improvement of a best practice month end accounts and management reporting including reconciliation of all key balance sheet accounts
- Working with royalties team to share information and reconcile data between royalties and finance systems
- Oversee cashflow management
- Working with the Head of Finance to prepare annual budgeting and forecasting process for both Recordings & Publishing to help support current and future business decisions.
- Producing annual accounts (including our US entity) and supporting the audit process.
- Manging monthly and quarterly tax compliance including submission of VAT, PAYE, Withholding tax returns.
- Providing business support, reporting and commercial insights to both Recordings & Publishing’s creative and marketing teams.
- Professional Accountancy Qualification
- 5+ years industry experience in a finance role
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to translate and convey financial information to non-Finance colleagues
- Problem Solver with a can do attitude
- Experience with Power BI, Tableau or similar Business Intelligence tools a plus
- Royalty reporting / music industry experience is a plus
- North London based office with flexible working.
- Salary dependent on experience
Thanks for applying and don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away as we take the time to review all applications.
Applications close on 11th March 2022.
Please use the ‘Message To Hiring Manager’ section to provide a full cover letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role. Candidates who do not provide this, will not be considered.
We recognise the importance of diversity within our teams and are fully committed to embracing all types of talent. Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required. If there is anything that you want to make us aware of then please note this at the time of your application.