We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought after Business & Legal Affairs team.
Job Title: Associate Director, Business & Legal Affairs
- Extensive drafting of agreements relating to the acquisition and exploitation of intellectual property rights:
- Summarize artist contracts
- Monitor ongoing contractual/license relationships to ensure they do not exceed/extend the agreed upon terms
- Render general business and legal advice to all departments within the company
- Work with the Finance department to prepare P&Ls and sales analysis
- 360 income collection and tracking
- Review and clear program content for video exploitation (festival agreements, master-use licenses, etc.)
- Work with the Commerce, Digital Marketing & Strategy department to clear rights and to enter into agreements with third-party digital services
- Prepare/edit various agreements (producer declarations, certificate of employment, remix agreements, etc.)
- Draft agreements relating to the acquisition and exploitation of intellectual property rights
- Negotiate and draft recording agreements, merchandise, fan club, and collateral entertainment activities agreements, and P&D agreements
- Compile and distribute contractual information
- Oversee fulfillment of contractual obligations and preservations of rights
- J.D. plus admission in one state bar
- 2 years of post-bar experience at a major law firm or major record label
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, within a team-oriented environment
- Must be able to meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure; candidate must be able to manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.