International A&R Coordinator (Consultant)
Locations: SWE – Stockholm
Time type: Full time
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics and Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses.
Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
International A&R Coordinator (Consultant) – Warner Music International
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music Group is the third biggest record company in the world, and our international recorded music team has offices in >50 territories, with an even bigger geographical footprint of distribution and licensing partners.
We are on a mission to grow our market share, develop new revenue streams and to become the best technology enabled music company in the world. In partnership with functional leads, our small central international leadership team in recorded music are supporting our Presidents to make this a reality.
A key part of that reality is working with exceptional musical talent. Our A&R teams around the world are continually hunting for the next big talent whilst also developing, breaking and super serving existing Artists to maximize their commercial potential. Based in Stockholm, you’ll deliver A&R services to the VP A&R for Warner Music International.
Why this could be your next big break
We are looking for a motivated and curious International A&R Coordinator with exceptional organizational and planning skills to provide administrative support and general coordination for our VP, A&R – Warner Music International.
Day to day you will be liaising with our territory A&R teams and Presidents to ensure A&R teams around the world are equipped to secure new talent, promote their material, and attract new artists reflective of market trends.
You’ll interact with record labels, booking agents, artists, songwriters, managers & DSPs – it is a fantastic opportunity to work in a fast-paced and exciting business with a supportive and highly engaging international team as you build your own network and skills in the A&R space.
Here you’ll get to
- Manage all departmental administration such as booking cars, diary management, booking travel, events coordination, meeting room set up and submitting expenses etc.
- Organize and maintain a comprehensive database of music files, mixes and masters.
- Schedule and organize meetings, archive meetings materials and ensure relevant documents are sent participants as needed.
- Coordinate and schedule sessions for our artist, Liaise with recording studios and producers to ensure seamless session logistic.
- Coordinate Writing Camps with artist,producers/songwriters.
- Assist in monitoring and managing budget related to music projects, writing camps and events. Provide regular updates on expenditure and financial tracking.
- Work closely with the A&R teams to facilitate artist development strategies.
- Assist with collaborations and features for our artist to be in contact with labels, managers and artists.
- Facilitate effective communication between markets, artist, labels and managers.
- Arrange meetings for our regional A&R calls to gather and organize presentation material before meetings.
- Manage assets/file mixes and masters for easy online access using internal tools/applications.
- Take notes, type up and distribute information as requested (e.g. weekly roster notes, planning meetings etc).
- Put together and distribute information packs, highlighting, artist one sheet and monitoring key tracks etc.
- Partner with the Warner Music International R&A team to create/track information about signing statistics.
- Process PO requests and deal with any Invoicing enquiries that may arise and manage recharges; track against budgets.
- Network with labels, artist management, other A&R people, producers, and lawyers
- Regularly attend gigs to support the VP, A&R – Warner Music International in sourcing unsigned talent that is reflective of the creative strategies of Warner Music International and market trends.
- Keep in regular contact with affiliates and support coordination efforts/scheduling when key artists are visiting their market(s)
What we’re looking for
- A self-starter who can work independently without close supervision
- Passion for music
- Tech savvy and data driven individuals with an eye for detail and exemplary organizational skills
- Natural ability to build trust and rapport and a strong network in the music industry
- Experience as an administrative assistant/coordinator
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with a real focused attention to detail
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Able to work from own initiative
- Willingness to travel as needed and to be flexible with hours to suit demands of the role
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Relevant experience of working in an A&R environment across different musical genres
- An adeptness with Google Workspace
Why join us?
Here at Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. We are one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it’s part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.