Senior Data Analyst, Nordic
Warner Music Nordic is looking for a Senior Analyst to join our Nordic team!
As a Senior Analyst with us you will get to use your expertise in data analysis on a wide range of the local and international artists we represent. This is a unique opportunity to work in a data-driven company that strives for innovation and new ways to bring our artists’ music to new fans at every stage of an artist’s career.
In the role you are responsible for collecting, analysing, and interpreting data, and communicate the findings to the regional management, A&R (Artist & Repertoire) and marketing teams throughout the Nordic region in direct, non-technical terms. The data you provide and the insights you present will be the backbone of our Nordic teams’ direction and decision making and the collaboration between you and the stakeholders is key in ensuring continuous improvement.
The role is part of Warner Music Nordic with offices in Copenhagen, Helsinki, Oslo and Stockholm and you report to our Nordic Commercial & Business Development Director. You will have colleagues all over the region and around 50 of them are in Stockholm where you will be based.
You will get to:
- Be the specialist within the Nordics for Insights & Analysis.
- Interface closely with Global Research & Analysis and Business Intelligence teams to ensure global research output is actionable and actioned in the Nordics.
- Liaise with the A&R, regional marketing, and streaming teams to ensure all business decisions are data informed/oriented and impactful to the business.
- Use audience and consumption data to provide recommendations on how to grow artist- and regional/local market share.
- Work with business stakeholders to create effective data dashboards that provide clear and valuable takeaways for our teams, on the market and company performance, on the key KPIs, and their variances vs targets.
- Communicate findings and insights to regional management and teams to establish best practices and to guide analysis into action and results.
- Support regional management to understand Nordic market trends and the local competitive landscape/dynamics.
- Ideate, research, and drive regional projects which lead to impact business on local level.
- Train internal users on data tools and dashboards.
- Handle various ad hoc request and projects.
We would like you to have
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Statistics, Data Science, Economics, Information Systems, or similar Quantitative field.
- Experience as a data analyst, with a focus on actionable insights and creative analysis.
- Experience writing SQL for big datasets.
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI, Qlik or similar visualization tools.
- Familiarity with Python and R.
- A results-oriented attitude with strong analytical skills, critical thinking, and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to translate requests into analytical problems.
- Ability to translate data findings into ‘how/what to do’ recommendations for teams.
- Comfortable creating a data narrative with compelling visualizations and actionable takeaways of complex questions to non-analytical/creative colleagues.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize work on multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Confidence in presenting to large groups.
- Fluency in one of the Nordic languages.
We’d love it if maybe you also have
- Experience in data/insights roles within the music or entertainment industry.
- Experience with machine learning techniques.
- Experience working in marketing, social and/or digital roles.
- Experience working across countries.
Warner Music Nordic is part of Warner Music Group – one of the world’s biggest record labels with artists spanning across all genres and markets. We are the home to Asylum, Atlantic, Elektra, Parlophone, Warner Records, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, and we champion emerging artists and global superstars like Ava Max, Bolaget, Cardi B, Coldplay, Chris Holsten, Christopher, Dua Lipa, Ed Sheeran, Gobs, Gunna, Iron Maiden, JVG, Kjartan Lauritzen, Käärijä, Madonna, Miriam Bryant, Roxette, Synne Vo, Zach Bryan and many more.
Our employees are a global collective of music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives, and passionate team members. We know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and to fostering a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, and any other characteristic or identity.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ‘Apply’ link at the top of the page or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here and think that you will too.
For questions about the position please contact Commercial & Business Development Director, Nordic; Jens Olsson (he/him) +45 25 33 03 35