We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Marketing team.
A little bit about our team:
The marketing department is responsible for setting and implementing bespoke strategies on all artist projects. This includes identifying current, future, and aspirational demographic targets, building concise road maps to achieve the stated goals, working with the creative and fan engagement teams to build key assets that help drive the artists vision & brand, all while managing resources responsibly and insuring that all departments have the tools and information they need to keep the company moving in the same direction with one voice on all projects.
Why this could be your next big break:
- Work with a variety of cutting-edge artists; ranging from new and emerging talent to our most established roster
- Take a lead role within Warner Records; a progressive and nimble environment where creativity and imagination are supported and backed by company leadership
- Showcase your unique tastes and expertise in real time working on genre bending projects
Here you’ll get to:
- Create and manage individualized goals, strategy and marketing plans for assigned artists, working with all departments to ensure a cohesive road map to success
- Build media plans in conjunction with fan engagement and other departments; communicate goals and progress on all phases of an artist marketing campaign
- Lead creative discussions to brainstorm and assess unique marketing opportunities and strategic brand partnerships
- Identify marketplace demand for each artist project. Ensure a consistent creative thread through all marketing materials
- Act as the primary liaison between the artist/management and the label in all marketing related issues
- Constantly review real-time data and draw actionable conclusions to reach set goals, manage fluid marketing plans that extend out 12 months or more
- Use post mortem analysis to draw conclusions and refine future initiatives
- Coordinate artist schedules (in conjunction with tour marketing) for special events, promotional visits, performances, video/photo shoots, etc.
- Develop and manage project budgets in conjunction with finance team and department heads, managing spend and insuring fiscal responsibility
- Help develop strategic partnerships for our artists and projects, including in the sports, LGBTQ, club, retail, and lifestyle spaces
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
- Manage internal relationships effectively, fostering a strong sense of rapport across the organization centered on trust and mutual respect
- Build new and strengthen existing relationships with industry clients and contacts
- Bring a sense of ingenuity to projects across the board at Warner Records through unique brand opportunities & strategic relationships – nontraditional ways to market
Rockstar candidates will have:
- At least 8 years of marketing experience
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- 4-year undergraduate degree
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.