A little bit about our team
As part of one of the biggest Deal signing Territories of Warner Chappell Music, the UK Admin team represents a significant share of WCM’s global business and is responsible for all elements of Publishing administration using the very latest technology of our customised internal administration system – TANGO, Warner Chappell’s leading cloud-based Deals & Royalties system.
The UK Copyright Team is responsible for the registration of all locally signed agreements and associated copyrights as well as maintaining administration integrity of its vast back-catalogue. This includes monitoring all new release and chart activity (digital and non-digital), assisting internal licensing teams and our external licensing partners with appropriate administration support.
This role works alongside the Assistant Copyright Manager and reports directly to the UK Copyright Manager on all matters of copyright exploitation as well as liaising with key members of the UK Admin team to ensure the highest level of rights management service to our clients.
As a key role within the UK Copyright Team, you will be responsible in maintaining Copyright data integrity across our portfolio of clients. You will be a linchpin between the UK Contract Administrator, the Global Copyright team and the UK Royalty Processing Team, ensuring rights of our clients and WCM are upheld in a correct and timely manner to meet our song registration and royalty reporting obligations. Encouraging entrepreneurship and ownership of your role and ambitions, Warner Chappell has a vibrant team culture and really is home of the songwriter.
Here you’ll get to:
- Register WCM UK interests in new works promptly and accurately and monitor ongoing registration statuses using processes including rejections and validation reports
- Update and maintain WCM data across Warner’s database TANGO such as works, deals and client information
- Interact with WCM’s Publisher representatives at PRS and ICE as well as work with our global affiliate offices to manage queries
- Collaborate with the team to maintain process management including team inboxes, Monday boards and Excel spreadsheets
- Oversee weekly compilations of new UK releases and chart activity, regarding all WCM Deal Signing Territory’s copyright interests
- Bring new initiatives to current processes and work in collaboration with the UK Copyright Team and other WCM teams to best service our clients
- Assist where necessary on work & agreement disputes, error reviews and suspense reviews
- Assist with cue sheet registrations
- You have a forward-thinking, personable and disciplined nature with proven ability of managing tasks and workloads
- You have highly developed awareness to the varying business needs of the team and have a flexible attitude to achieve goals and success
- You are passionate about music and songwriting! With a genuine curiosity about the music industry and a good working understanding of publishing and copyright administration
- You are comfortable setting your own priorities. Plan workload effectively, seeking guidance where appropriate, to achieve deliverables, solve problems and complete tasks to deadlines
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate calmly and succinctly with all manner of people
- Comfortable working autonomously and as part of a team
- You will be flexible and enthusiastic Prepared to work within a changing environment, open-minded and motivated to recommend changes that may benefit the team and wider business
We’d love it if you also had:
- Outstanding organisational skills. Ability to multi-task, own and manage multiple work streams to ensure deadlines are met
- Education to a degree level and /or experience working within the publishing industry
- A solid set of administration skills across Microsoft Office, excelling in Excel with ability to manipulate data
- You have intuitive investigative skills and an ability to think beyond the immediate problem, join dots and think laterally
At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sex or sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, and any other protected characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Warner Chappell Music (WCM) is the music publishing division of Warner Music Group. We are interested in those who can join and contribute along our company’s values: Curiosity, Collaboration, and Commitment. We value input, ideas, and feedback from everyone at every level and the voices and contributions of every team member at WCM matter.
At WCM we put the songwriter first, offering high touch service to move the cultural dial across the globe. We want team members who have a service-oriented mindset and care about the collective work. We are searching for those who are comfortable thinking globally while leveraging local expertise. We are Warner Chappell Music – where songwriters are heard.
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike.
And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP.
We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice