We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A little bit about our team:
ADA’s international department oversees the overall global business outside the US and UK market. Our role is to provide guidance, support and act as the central communications hub to our international distributed labels, UK/US teams and the international territories. We also bring in new and exciting music to ADA worldwide from across the globe. We plan and execute new release and catalogue strategy and equip the physical and digital sales teams with international marketing, promotion and sales information. We set up distribution strategies as well as design and execute label services in conjunction with the international affiliate frontline teams, our own staff and third parties.
Why this could be your next big break:
The person in this role will focus on ADA’s international commercial offering around the world. This would entail direct communication with ADA’s and WMIs international teams, as well as with the major DSPs in all key markets around the world.
Here you’ll get to:
- You’ll be the first point of contact for digital service providers for all ADA international origin repertoire.
- You’ll provide ongoing regular feedback and updates on project campaign objectives and manage ongoing release marketing process with digital service providers based in international territories.
- You’ll deliver regular updates to ADA international and WMI affiliate commercial teams on ADA partners release campaigns.
- You’ll strategize with ADA affiliate teams around optimizing ADA partner’s project digital consumption growth internationally.
- Create/develop campaigns, track success, and create result-driven campaign recaps combining analytics and marketing.
- You’ll partner with ADA UK and ADA US commerce teams on DSP positioning and optimization of ADA Local international repertoire in these two markets.
- You’ll partner with ADA UK and ADA US commerce teams on global project roll-out efforts.
- Work with team members to provide analysis for regular market updates to both internal teams and external client base, using Tableau, Opus and the help of the WMG R+A team.
- Oversee and coordinate the international DSP pitch.
- Pro-actively provide ADA partners with DSP marketing plans that are executional by both ADA worldwide and the partner.
- Management of Spotify ad inventory for all ex NA / ex UK / row markets.
- Participate in partner calls and meetings, to talk about the international DSP landscape.
- Work directly with the Sr. Director International and team on determining international priority tracks and projects.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
- You will have a great understanding of digital distribution globally.
- You will have a track record of successfully building strong DSP relationships.
- Have a broad knowledge of contemporary music scene and lifestyle.
- You will have knowledge of current Business Affairs and different deal structures.
- You will be motivated, creative, innovative, highly organized and detail orientated.
- You will be able to communicate effectively, and compassionately with all our stakeholders.
- You will be able to demonstrate and use your knowledge and experience in the global market place and territories.
- You will be passionate about independent music and record labels.
- You will be working across many different territories, it will be important for you to be flexible, dynamic and diplomatic so you can effectively adapt to business requirements.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- 3+ years of music industry experience.
- Fluent in English. Additional languages are a plus.
- University / Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, MS Office, and PowerPoint.
- Willing and able to travel internationally if business requires.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.