Songkick is the great live music startup. Since 2007, we’ve set about making it as easy, fun and fair as possible for you to see your favorite artists live. Right now, more than 15 million music fans across the globe use Songkick to track their favorite artists, discover awesome concerts and never ever miss out.
With over 6 million event listings, we’re the biggest concert service on the planet. Across web, iPhone, Android, and through rich partnerships with Spotify, Pandora, Facebook and more, Songkick is the definitive and trusted home for live music online.
We’ve always put fans first. We’re a small, fast-moving team packed to the brim with digital expertise, committed to solving real problems for our users. Live music is for everyone, and we work hard to empower our community, add meaningful value and cut out the BS along the way.
We do our best work when we’re happy, respectful and relaxed. Our values and work ethic have got us far, and as we grow we’ll never shake that small startup feel. Earlier this year we became part of the Warner Music Group family, opening up epic new realms of opportunities to bring fans and artists closer together.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to help Songkick build innovative products to serve the needs of these customers. You’ll be responsible for conceptualising, defining, and quickly building high-quality products for fans, artists and partners, and you’ll work with a world-class team of designers, developers, testers, and industry experts to do so.
We’re a small (and growing) team, so there’s lots of opportunity to define our product offering, innovate for artists and fans, and shape the future of live music.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- In a trio (paired with a design lead and tech lead), you’ll define and prioritise features and experiments to make sure we’re having the most impact for our users.
- Work with the Head of Product to develop Songkick’s Product strategy and ensure it’s well understood within the organisation and bought into by the leadership team
- Define the requirements for everything we build and test, making sure that features are what our awesome users need, or the things we’re trying to learn, that our designs are usable, and that requirements are optimised for getting something out the door fast.
- Push product development forward, making sure everyone involved has a crystal-clear understanding of what problems we’re trying to solve and the requirements at hand. Empower cross-functional team members to individually make better decisions using data and strategic product thinking.
- Define and analyse metrics that not only measure the success of features or initiatives but also ladder up to Songkick’s overall business goals. Importantly think beyond short-term impact and ensure any changes prioritise our key goal of getting more fans to more concerts
- Keep product innovation front of mind and develop strategies to ensure both your cross-functional team and the wider-organisation are thinking beyond the immediately possible. Be involved in setting direction for hackdays, design sprints and other innovation tools you implement
- Develop relationships with everyone, involving the right people in the product process where necessary, and keeping them up to speed.
- Build an understanding of the problems that artists and fans have, and use that lens to shape your team’s work. Work with the Design team on setting objectives for user research and identify new product opportunities off the back of this.
- Be the go-to guide on products you’ve launched. Know its expected behaviour, whether it was successful or not, the meaningful numbers and insights, and what improvements should be made next.
- 4+ years experience in a product management role. You’ve been through the ropes of developing and growing a successful product, and made your fair share of mistakes along the way.
- You think about features and user problems as a series of iterations rather than a silver bullet, obsess about MVPs, and have an otherworldly sense of big wins vs. micro-optimisations.
- You’re an enabler. You know what it takes to supercharge super-talented teams, and work with everyone to enable the best work.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. You can explain your thinking to anyone and can resolve conflicts fairly.
- Curious and creative. You never stop learning or asking questions.
- Analytical. You make decisions based on data, and obsess about product analytics. You should be handy with pulling data and building models, too.
- You understand how to use A/B testing to really understand what drives user behaviour, and do everything to ensure product development choices are backed by data.
- Experience with user-centred design practices. You’ve interviewed customers, run usability sessions and are comfortable asking just one more “why?”
- Start-up experience a plus.
- You’ve worked with a team to ship iOS and/or Android apps? That’s a plus.
- Experience delivering social, music, or consumer products a plus.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.