At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Senior Marketing Manager (WMUK International)
A little bit about our team:
International Marketing one of the company’s most dynamic departments, we work with all the frontline labels across all artists. We work with labels, artists and their managers and our affiliate labels across the globe working to promote and marketing our artists on an international level.
Reporting into SVP, International Marketing, you will manage your own roster of artists from the WMUK group across Atlantic Records UK, Parlophone UK, Warner Records UK and Rhino. The roster will be diverse and will include you speaking to UK labels, artist management and affiliate labels globally to create a cohesive campaign that includes marketing activations, promotion and strategy. You will be joining this ambitious department as a core member of the team and should be a self-starter who has a strong passion for music, with a can-do outlook who feels at home in a fast-paced working environment!
Here you’ll get to:
- Manage a portfolio of artists and support growth of these in partnership with Warner Music UK to ensure maximum flow of talent. Maximise & manage marketing plans, promotional results, streaming strategies and sales against marketing spend and budgets & targets previously approved by head of department.
- Manage and coordinate physical and digital releases including physical stock, release timings and DSP delivery by liaising with UK marketing manager, production team, repertoire sources and artist management where applicable to ensure release dates are met.
- Proactive support of domestic and local marketing teams to achieve best possible set-up scenarios for priority releases, ensuring delivery of valuable content to partners to develop artists both on and offline.
- Work with digital managers and management where applicable to build community, databases, and viral campaigns.
- Creative input for international online marketing. Ensure that all on and off-line marketing / promotion is integrated.
- Work with Warner Music UK data analysts and Warner Music International team to develop, report and analyse results as well as reporting on all promotional and local marketing activity to senior management, artist management and Warner Music UK team.
- A love of music and cultural awareness of current music.
- Sound knowledge of planning and executing impactful global marketing campaigns, regardless of allocated budgets
- Clear understanding of the International Music market, media, digital marketing and retail
- Strong data proficiency and ability to interpret data to make strategic recommendations
- Ability to build strong relationships with artists, artist managers, A&Rs, independent labels, tour agents etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- A hardworking and innovative thinker whose able to multitask across multiple projects and work under pressure within a team environment
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects
- Able to travel globally where required for promo or meetings
- People management skills as you will have an assistant
We’d love it if you also had:
- Experience at a frontline label or within another territory globally to share your knowledge with the team
- Experience having done promo with artists within your market or internationally
- Knowledge of data and how to read analytics from all platforms including Spotify For Artists, Tableau, SpotonTrack, Radiomonitor and more
- Ability to read budgets, forecast and work with physical stock issues
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.