At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
The International Royalty Income Team sits within the Administration department of Warner Chappell Music, reporting to the International Royalty Processing Manager. The team’s role of managing and reconciling the royalty processing of the European territories’ income is integral to the business. This involves working closely with the Royalties, Finance and Copyright teams in both the UK and in other European offices to ensure all income is processed and reconciled in a timely manner to meet our contractual obligations to our clients.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are Warner Chappell Music. Where songwriters are heard. As a Senior International Royalty Income Analyst, you will be a key contributor to the day-to-day operations within International Royalties Processing team: involved in all aspects of royalty statement processing; managing and delivering accurate and timely royalty runs; managing and prioritizing of suspense items releases as well as responding to internal and external inquiries and managing special projects. You will be proud of your responsibility for the accurate accounting of royalties to our songwriters.
Here you’ll get to:
- End to end royalty processing for assigned territories, including identification and resolution of outstanding issues. You will receive monthly cash receipt details from our Affiliate offices, along with the accompanying royalty statements and (sometimes huge!) data files from societies and 3rd parties.
- Build effective working relationships with Heads of Admin of these European territories.
- Be first point of contact for various internal and external inquiries related to assigned territories. Including attendance at Affiliate “Global Admin Monthly” meetings, as required.
- Review and analyse data to ensure accurate loading of royalties and creation of reports/presentations for management.
- Review/analyse/process allocations, as required, for the assigned territories.
- Be responsible for managing of Sub Pub Processing and provision of quarterly income analysis for management. Including coordination of IRP team members in gathering data for analysis (e.g., Sub Pub reports) and coordination and processing of unclaimed / unprocessed (UP and other) files received from Sub Pubs.
- Conduct income reconciliation (SOX standard) on monthly/quarterly basis.
- Create excel files for processing where needed, manually calculating royalty income where required.
- Load and process the royalty income into our Tango system.
- Match the income to the correct works on Tango to guarantee money hits our songwriters’ royalty statements.
- Work with the team to reduce the value of income going into Suspense by conducting thorough research.
- Be responsible for providing guidance, support, and necessary training to IRP team members (e.g., assisting team members with troubleshooting file issues and processing queries).
- Offer support to the International Royalty Processing Manager on issues that arise and projects as necessary.
- Be responsible for maintenance of department files and documentation – Global Admin SharePoint.
- Be responsible for identification, implementation, and testing of system/process improvements modifications and enhancements. Including leadership of Ad Hoc projects.
- Collaborate across the business and participate in companywide projects and training sessions.
- Brilliant interpersonal skills and are confident in communicating with your colleagues.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills (royalties processing experience desired).
- Strong technical skills in excel and in data manipulation.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- A proactive, flexible attitude and a willingness to learn.
- The drive to work as part of a successful team.
- You have a passion for music.
We’d love it if you also had:
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- A good understanding/have the experience of the workings of a Music Publisher or a Collection Society.
- A background in Royalties Processing or Finance, either through work experience or formal qualifications.
Here at Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. We are one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it’s part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re also the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.