At Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual’s value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Senior Director/ Vice President, Marketing – Black Music
A little bit about our team:
As Senior Director or Vice President of Marketing in the Black Music department, you will responsible for the creation and implementation of Atlantic and artist branded Marketing campaigns.
You will get to work with various departments in the company to ideate, execute, and maximize the visibility and awareness of all projects.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will be responsible for finding creative and innovative ways to engage with your artists, other departments in the company, partners, fans, etc. on all aspects of your project. These efforts will not only help internally but will also aid in maintaining Atlantic Records’ position as being one of the most innovative and successful labels in the market.
Here you’ll get to:
- You will work with various teams and corporate representatives to promote and preserve proper Diversity and Inclusion in all aspects of the business.
- You will manage all aspects of artists’ product development (physical and digital) from concept to completion and implement comprehensive marketing initiatives for each project with a focus on global audience engagement and growth.
- You will formulate budgets with core team members/departments, department head, finance, and top executives and allocate project dollars accordingly.
- You will cultivate and maintain new relationships with prospective and existing corporate & external brand partners.
- You will develop ideas to maximize exposure for each artist through performances, special appearances, promotions, grassroots marketing, and online tools.
- You will stay up to date on all Marketing and social trends
- You will work with the art department and/or third party creatives to develop the artist branding and assist in the ideation of design ideas for all aspects of the creative campaign.
- You will provide guidance and manage the department coordinators and assistants.
- 6+ years’ experience in Marketing/Product Management/Brand Management (3 years preferably in the music industry).
- Experience in developing, creating and implementing Marketing plans.
- Passion for managing projects that require input from multiple departments, with the ability to coordinate these joint efforts for the benefit of the label (Atlantic Records) and the artists/artist teams.
- Experience in demonstrating excellent planning, negotiation, and problem solving skills in a fast-paced business environment.
- Must be able to understand consumer demographics as they relate to each artist property and corporate partner products.
- Experience in basic social media functions/platforms and familiarity with current trends/campaigns.
- Open to developing new and innovative ways to incorporate a 360 consumer experience into your Marketing plans, whether it be via physical or virtual activations/initiatives.
- Experience in executing an idea from conception to execution.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make informed decisions in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with third parties and international partners.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A creative team player with excellent organizational skills and ability to strategically plan in an ambiguous environment.
- It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, and/or Communications preferred.
- Basic knowledge of FTP/HTML services and web-based programs.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.