At Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual’s value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Senior Director, Digital Strategy & Business Development
A little bit about our team:
WMG’s Digital Strategy & Business Development team is responsible for leading the global deal negotiations with digital service providers on behalf of Warner Music Group. We strike deals with global distribution platforms and find new business opportunities in hopes of reaching audiences, growing monetization, and creating value for our labels and artists.
Why this could be your next big break:
In this role, you will lead and support the ongoing efforts to strike global deals across the music streaming landscape by using your analytical skills, industry knowledge, and ability to negotiate complex partnerships. The ideal candidate would be passionate about understanding the intersection of music, technological innovation, and consumer behavior.
Here you’ll get to:
- Work with key digital partners to structure, negotiate, and execute global agreements, maintaining strong relationships while representing the strategic view of WMG.
- Maintain key partner relationships and find new ways to drive WMG revenues and create opportunities on new and existing platforms.
- Evaluate potential licensing partners in the digital space.
- Communicate deals, both completed and in process, to key stakeholders within WMG and to senior management.
- Partner with business development team to assess emergent companies interested in commercially exploiting WMG content.
- Monitor trends in the media and consumer tech ecosystem for the purpose of developing new strategic initiatives and providing guidance to senior management.
- Develop long-term strategies focused on diversification of WMG’s revenue and capabilities.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience.
- Music content licensing experience is required.
- Experience conducting deal-driven analysis and industry/category/company analysis.
- Proactive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills and high degree of attention to detail.
Strong negotiating skills and an ability to effectively build and manage relationships with partners.
- Proven ability leading deal and project-based teams.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Experience creating, presenting, and executing on new strategic initiatives.
- Established record in applying innovative approaches and structures to deal making.
- Excellent analytical ability, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced degree (MBA, JD).
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.