At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
Atlantic Records UK is home to some of the most iconic UK artists from household names such as Ed Sheeran, Anne-Marie, Clean Bandit and Joel Corry to emerging artists such as Tion Wayne, Mahalia and Kojey Radical. You’d be joining the Audience team at Atlantic Records UK whose core responsibility is to grow, engage & monitor our artists’ audiences. We do this in a number of ways including creating, marketing and optimising content, developing and implementing fan acquisition strategies, and working with new digital platforms and startups.
As a Senior Audience Manager you would be working directly with artists and their teams to help shape, nurture and grow their audience on digital platforms. It’s a multi-faceted role that requires you to think both like a fan, artist, creative and marketeer all at once. You’d be interpreting data to develop long term growth & content publishing strategies for those artists, that accelerate audience growth as well as support commercial and positioning goals.
Here you’ll get to:
- Work closely with artists, managers and extended teams to proactively create and implement robust audience engagement and growth strategies for artist roster.
- Audience strategy to include (but is not limited to): social media strategy & planning, content planning, email database growth & communication, community building, influencer marketing, creative digital executions, website build & maintenance.
- Establish artist’s current use of digital/social media platforms, current audience size and engagement.
- Set strategy to help create buzz & grow/develop audience + enable Artist to establish their story/positioning through social channels.
- Introduce artist to relevant new social platforms & suggest creative ideas/strategy to maximise those already in use.
- Run digital health checks & use platform analytics and a range of other platforms/tools to analyse audience-related and performance data, creating meaningful reports that can inform artists & managers.
- Integrate key learnings from other areas of artist career (touring data, streaming insights, brand affinity) to optimise and build audiences across the world.
- Strategize & deliver artist database growth and CRM strategy, via traditional and developing means; email marketing, community-based platforms, messaging services, etc.
- Be knowledgeable of paid marketing tools & strategies (Facebook Business Suite, TikTok Marketplace, Twitter Ads, YouTube Advertising/Google Ads)
Content Planning & Management:
- Strategize and implement content planning across all core digital channels (YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter & new, relevant platforms as and when they emerge) for roster of artists.
- Work closely & collaboratively with internal team, content producers, creative directors, videographers/photographers, editors and designers to deliver planned content.
- Maintain a database of creatives (as above) and regularly seek out new creatives to work with as needed.
- Self-edit/design content where necessary with tools available.
- Develop and manage digital partner relationships alongside Head of Audience (Facebook/Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube/Google, Snapchat, Shazam, etc).
- Create, pitch, implement and manage innovative marketing and content opportunities with all digital partners.
Digital & Tech Developments:
- Actively seek out information on evolving digital/tech trends, crossover areas with other industries in the digital space (e.g. gaming, fitness, crypto) and platforms & offerings, alongside Head of Audience.
- Connect with relevant stakeholders in these areas & build new relationships.
- Tailor this information to formulate relevant and exciting new opportunities for roster of artists
- You have 3 year+ experience working with music artist’s or entertainment talent on managing their social & online brand.
- You have proven experience in building creative social campaigns that drive engagement and discovery across multiple platforms, particularly on TikTok.
- You have experience in devising interesting and innovative activations for audience engagement and growth within the digital landscape.
- You are enthusiastic about and keenly interested in developments within the digital and tech landscape. You have a proactive approach to seeking out news and opportunities for artists in this space.
- You have strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple time sensitive tasks & prioritise effectively.
- You have experience in using 1st party (e.g. Instagram insights) & 3rd party (e.g. Crowdtangle) social data to track and analyse the performance of your campaigns.
- You are a strategic & creative thinker who is able to comfortably switch between short, medium & long term planning.
- Great communication skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships.
We’d love it if you also had:
- You have knowledge of & experience in promoting dance & pop music and their associated genres.
- You have experience in feeding meme culture and seeding content out to help it spread online through different communities.
- You have experience with either or all of the Adobe suite, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After effects.
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.