With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A little bit about our team:
The Global Marketing responsibilities break down into three core areas:
- Prioritisation: Partnering with repertoire owners and local market affiliates to utilise significant central budget to break Warner Music’s priority acts in every market world wide.
- Innovation: Continue to redefine best practice in global marketing, whether it be experimenting with new formats and technologies, or reworking old practices.
- Education: Partner with internal teams to ensure highest possible proficiency in marketing across our global organization.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will be the single source of truth for anything data related within global marketing, providing a backbone of knowledge and insight to guide team direction and thinking.
Here you’ll get to:
- Develop and maintain regular reporting and insights documents, including success probability analytics, priority project identifiers, marketing spend performance trackers, priority artist performance trackers.
- Work with global marketing, regional and finance teams to establish targeting for all priority projects and report back to company and senior management on a regular basis
- Support team to provide data and analytical backing for all marketing tests, both global and regional
- Work with global marketing to use data to make recommendations as to how to improve processes around priority artists selection, marketing spend, allocation of time and resource etc.
- Integrate seamlessly with the central Global Data Operations, Research and Analysis and Global IT team
Year One Core KPIs:
- Build and maintain GPS targeting system in partnerships with finance
- Consolidate, build and manage regular reporting documents for Global Marketing and our priority artists
- Develop and refine success probability analytics to better select priority tracks and artists
- Provide data / learnings to support marketing innovation processes and guide overarching direction on marketing and ad buying recommendations
- Establish metrics for quantifying impact of Global Marketing spends on artist campaigns
- Build strong relationships with core data stakeholders (Global Data Operations, Research and Analysis and Global IT)
- Extensive familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
- Familiarity with Tableau or similar visualization tools
- Experience using SQL
- A results-oriented mind-set with strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Familiarity with data science methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively (orally and in writing)
- Experience working within marketing departments preferred
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects
- 2-3 years of experience within music, entertainment, tech or marketing industry
Why join us?
Here at Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. We are one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it’s part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact informat