We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Warner Chappell is seeking a highly organized, detail oriented, experienced Project Manager to join our Creative Services team.
A Little Bit About Our Team
The Creative Services team collaborates closely with departments and teams across Warner Music Group and works to amplify our iconic songwriters and legacy catalogs through non-traditional opportunity and IP development.
Why This Could Be Your Next Big Break
Play an integral role in developing and managing a high volume of globally integrated, multi-faceted creative projects, timelines, and deliverables. Much like that of a line producer or producer in the television, film or event production space to help our department maximize our IP development and media partnerships.
Here You’ll Get To
- Help roll out the strategy for the global Creative Services team including catalog management, opportunity development and creative project execution.
- Report directly to SVP of the CS team and collaborate with the broader global Creative Services team to effectively manage complex projects, making sure deliverables are clear, timelines are hit & dependencies are identified.
- Work closely with catalog managers/songwriters/internal teams to understand priorities and needs and collaborate across departments including finance, administration, legal, digital, strategy, A&R and Sync.
- Independently manage creative projects effectively from ideation to execution, while collaborating closely with the rest of the team and within requirements, processes and expected results.
- Prioritize and multi-task effectively, maintain and communicate project milestones effectively and anticipate potential risk or challenges.
- Manage opportunities to ensure requests are fulfilled in a timely manner and stakeholders are contacted effectively with updates.
- Strategically manage project details, negotiate general deal terms and ensure all aspects of vendor onboarding, rate agreements and campaign performance remain aligned with contractual obligations.
- Manage relationships with key internal stakeholders across departments, with our songwriters and throughout the media industry.
- Support on creation of internal, cross-team & upper level management presentations.
- Oversee product roadmap across Workfront, our product management system, and help develop efficiencies.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (e.g., Administration, Analytics, Legal, Communications) on full-lifecycle project delivery.
- Manage department budget for quarterly internal spending evaluation and planning.
- Identify additional areas of opportunity for further potential development.
Rockstar Candidates Will Be Able To
- Identify gaps and come up with solutions in order to execute projects in a timely manner.
- Work with international media partners with flexible hours.
- Use Microsoft Office suite products, Slack, and can learn new project management tools effectively.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across multiple functions and regions at all levels of the organization.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment while adhering to shifting deadlines and needs.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- The self-motivated and highly organized attributes with 3+ years of project management experience.
- The ability to produce and hit key deliverable deadlines, is task driven, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, in a highly collaborative environment.
- Bonus if candidate has production experience in concert, live event, marketing, Theatre or TV/Film.
- Music publishing knowledge a plus, but not required.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their
career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.