At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
You will be a part of the UK & Europe Commercial Team, reporting to the Commercial Director UK and Europe. We’re responsible for all aspects of Warner Music UK’s playlist strategy – including curation, marketing and promotion across all major streaming platforms.
You will be leading the Warner UK playlist strategy. Overseeing the curation of our playlist suite and developing finely tuned marketing strategies across all DSPs. Identifying trends, monitoring track and playlist performance and collaborating with our social media and e-commerce teams. You will shape and communicate best practice. You will be supported by the Playlist Assistant who will report directly into you. You’ll be helping to give our artists the perfect launch pad for their releases. You will be working in a fast paced, busy environment where you will interact with and learn about many different areas of the business.
Here you’ll get to:
- You will create, execute and continually develop a strategy that delivers meaningful streaming impact with an innovative approach to artist & release led campaigns
- You will represent the playlist team in numerous internal and external meetings, leading the playlist strategy and guiding the key stakeholders on execution.
- You will work closely with the DSP Account Management Leads to formulate partner specific strategies.
- You will produce creative and engaging marketing and advertising campaigns that increase the value of our playlists to surpass competitors
- You will lead cross-platform playlist development across WMG properties
- You will collaborate with label marketing teams to develop programs that achieve artist development goals and are complementary to label objectives
- You will guide playlist programming and develop unique playlist experiences for a broad range of listeners from superfans to casual
- You will partner with tastemakers and curators to expand the reach and credibility of our playlist ecosystem
- You will develop solutions for playlist marketing & programming coordination across WMG that complements global strategy
- You will optimize marketing investments with a balanced approach to local and global objectives
- You will challenge and optimize marketing tactics frequently to adapt strategy for optimal results
- You will identify new ways to reach playlist/streaming users that reflect changing consumer demographics and trends
- You will partner with Audience and Media teams for integrated campaigns that maximize audience data, consumer reach and exposure for playlists/artists
- You will establish and communicate best practice process for Warner UK playlist strategy
- You will work with The Commercial Department’s Research & Analysis Team to create and communicate commercial analytics reports
- You will be responsible for the leading of and the career development of the Playlist Assistant
- You have experience in music, digital media and/or consumer marketing
- You will have extensive knowledge of music styles and genres, new and catalogue
- You have the ability to combine data with experience to develop curation and marketing strategy
- You have excellent communication and relationship skills
- You will successfully handle workload and prioritise tasks as necessary
- You will work to and react to tight deadlines
- You work effectively both as part of a team and autonomously
We’d love it if you also had:
- An understanding of the streaming environment.
- A knowledge of The Official Chart Company and UK market data
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Microsoft Excel and Digital Audio Workstations – helpful but not essential
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.