With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics and Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses.
Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Job Title: Marketing Manager, Warner Records
A little bit about our team:
Warner Records is home to some of the most ground-breaking and exciting artists in the world, including Dua Lipa, Foals, Nines, Royal Blood, Mist, Griff, JC Stewart and many more. We are an ambitious close knit team who are passionate about music, developing talent and breaking artists.
Why this could be your next big break:
Warner Records is looking for a marketing manager to join the team. This position has a focus on UK Rap, Afrobeats, R&B, Grime & Drill, and we are seeking an individual with strong community connections and a deep knowledge of the space. Nurturing your own roster of domestic and US artists, you will be dynamic, creative, digitally savvy and organized, with an excellent understanding of music marketing and audience strategy.
Here you’ll get to:
- You will be responsible for the strategic direction, planning, implementation, and management of a roster of UK and international artist campaigns
- You will work closely with artists, artists managers and A&R on artist development and with the digital team to drive audience growth
- Commission creative assets and visual content, instigating, leading and managing the creative direction bespoke to each campaign
- You will collaborate closely with internal and external teams including A&R, creative, digital, promotions, social, international, sync and brands to craft ground-breaking campaigns for your artists to deadline and budget
- You will champion your releases with the commercial teams, sharing campaign objectives, delivering powerful updates and participating in the formation of partner marketing strategy
- Proactively seek out innovative ways to continually improve and develop your marketing campaigns and create opportunities for your roster of artists
- Maximise opportunities across D2C, live, brand, sync and other non-traditional music label income
- Create and nurture relationships with artists, artist managers and the music industry
- Strong connection with the culture of these genres, musical trends and a passion for music marketing
- Strong understanding of digital, social and streaming trends
- Dynamic and outcome oriented, with a keen eye for detail and ability to deliver on ideas and objectives.
- Strong data proficiency and ability to interpret data to make strategic recommendations
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- A hardworking and innovative thinker whose able to multitask across multiple projects and work under pressure within a team environment
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects
- Previous experience in the music industry is desirable
Why join us?
Here at Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. We are one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it’s part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, colour, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.