At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sex or sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, and any other protected characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Marketing Manager, Warner Records (Dance)
A little bit about our team:
Warner Records is home to some of the most ground-breaking and exciting artists in the world, including Dua Lipa, Nines, Ghetts, Luude, LF System, Pa Salieu, Griff, and many more. We are an ambitious close knit team who are passionate about music, developing talent and breaking artists.
Warner Records is looking for a dance Marketing manager to join the team. While this position will specialise in dance music, we also would like the candidate to be confident in working all genres. It is important that the applicant has strong connections in the dance community and a deep knowledge of the space. Nurturing your own roster of domestic and US artists, you will be dynamic, creative, digitally savvy and organized, with an excellent understanding of music marketing and audience strategy.
Here you’ll get to:
- You will be responsible for the strategic direction, planning, implementation, and management of the UK dance roster and international artist campaigns.
- You will work closely with artists, artists managers and A&R on artist development and with the digital team to drive audience growth & sales.
- Commission creative assets and visual content, instigating, leading and managing the creative direction bespoke to each campaign.
- You will collaborate closely with internal and external teams including A&R, creative, digital, promotions, social, international, sync and brands to craft ground-breaking campaigns for your artists to deadline and budget
- You will champion your releases with the commercial teams, sharing campaign objectives, delivering powerful updates and participating in the formation of partner marketing strategy
- Proactively seek out innovative ways to continually improve and develop your marketing campaigns and create opportunities for your roster of artists
- Maximise opportunities across D2C, live, brand, sync and other non-traditional music label income
- Create and nurture relationships with artists, artist managers and the music industry
- Strong connection with dance music specifically but a broad understanding of all genres of music and the culture surrounding them, musical trends and a passion for music marketing
- Strong understanding of digital, social and streaming trends, especially the TikTok landscape
- Dynamic and outcome oriented, with a keen eye for detail and ability to deliver on ideas and objectives.
- Strong data proficiency and ability to interpret data to make strategic recommendations
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- A hardworking and innovative thinker whose able to multitask across multiple projects and work under pressure within a team environment
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects
We’d love it if you also had:
- Previous experience in the music industry is desirable
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.