With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Job Title: Marketing Manager, ADA Music UK
A little bit about our team:
ADA is the world’s leading distributor of independent music. From AJ Tracey to Defected, Nafe Smallz to 88 Rising and BMG to Macklemore, we work with labels and artists of all genres, spanning the hottest breaking talent to deeply established leaders in their field. Our award winning UK team are close knit and driven, actively collaborating with ADA’s wider global network from our London HQ.
Why this could be your next big break:
As a Marketing Manager at ADA you’ll strategise and deliver campaigns for a range of directly signed artists and our label partners. This position has a high focus on urban music, and we’re seeking an individual with strong community connections and a deep knowledge of the space.
Nurturing your own roster of projects, you’ll be dynamic, creative, organized and accountable, with a deep understanding of marketing and consumer behaviour and an excellent grasp of streaming and the DSP landscape.
You’ll be an active voice in team meetings and an adept problem solver, always seeking new opportunities for our artist and label partners.
Here you’ll get to:
- You’ll be the primary relationship holder in the UK for a roster of artists and label partners, creating and delivering campaigns for their releases.
- You’ll collaborate closely with internal and external teams including digital accounts, promotions, social, sync and brands to craft groundbreaking campaigns for your artists.
- You’ll champion your releases with the commercial teams, sharing campaign objectives, delivering powerful updates and participating in the formation of partner marketing strategy.
- Provide leadership, advice and creative planning support to partners in respect of their releases, catalogue and revenue.
- Managing all facets of the release process with a high focus on campaign presentation, commercial objectives and the smooth release of all formats, taking in digital, physical and D2C, collaborating closely with Sales & Digital, Supply Chain, Ops and Finance to achieve this.
- Actively contribute to ADA’s label strategy, bringing your experience and perspective on modern music marketing to both your campaigns and our regular label meetings as a key voice in the Marketing & Label Management team.
- Proven track record delivering successful artist marketing campaigns, with a particular emphasis on urban genres.
- Dynamic and outcome oriented, with a keen eye for detail and ability to deliver on ideas and objectives.
- Experience working with commercial teams with a particular focus on digital retail and the intersection between marketing and streaming audience building.
- Strong interest in social media and its power to influence commercial behaviour.
- A team player with a desire to make a difference and contribute to successful outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills, being the primary advocate for your partners and projects.
- Accountable and organized with strong sense of time management.
- Demonstrable experience managing multiple priority projects simultaneously.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- 3+ years artist marketing experience in a label environment.
- A strong network of connections in the industry and wider music community.
- Lateral experience in music, marketing or promotional roles that sets you apart from the competition.
Why join us?
Here at Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. We are one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it’s part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.