At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Marketing Director, ADA (12 Month FTC)
A little bit about our team:
ADA is the world’s leading distributor of independent music. From Central Cee to Defected, Sonny Fodera to 88 Rising and VP to BMG, we work with labels and artists of all genres, spanning the hottest breaking talent to deeply established leaders in their field. Our award winning UK team are close knit and driven, actively collaborating with ADA’s wider global network from our London HQ.
This 12 month Maternity Cover position is responsible for running ADA UK’s Marketing team. You’ll have a proven track record of marketing to the highest standards and use these skills to play a pivotal role in delivering commercial success, both driving forward marketing initiatives and projects of your own whilst providing guidance to your team and expertise to ADA’s partners. Working tracks, mixtapes, albums and catalogues, you’ll use your depth of streaming knowledge to build in the digital space whilst bringing strategy and creativity to physical executions. Working closely with the Managing Director and Senior team, you’ll leave no stone unturned in providing best-in-class service and results for ADA’s diverse network of artists and partners.
Here you’ll get to:
- Work with an award winning team, providing managerial guidance for the Marketing department
- Initiate and drive industry leading campaigns for a roster of key distributed labels and artist partners
- Provide leadership, advice and creative planning support to partners in respect of their releases, catalogue and revenue
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Streaming & Digital Director
- Participate in forecasting and the financial management of the department
- Drive collaboration with our broader global network including ADA USA, ADA International and the Warner Music UK teams
- Participate in the acquisition of labels and artists for distribution and expanded services
- Contribute to the strategy and growth of the company through your experience, perspective and innovation
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a record label or music marketing function with a demonstrable track record of successes
- Excellent experience in working with labels, artists and management at all levels
- Experience managing a department and leading a team of direct reports in a dynamic and fast moving business
- Strong collaborative capabilities and experience, including working with International & USA teams
- Experience and understanding of larger global business structures
- Proven experience working with Commercial teams across all formats, retail types and platforms with particular relevance to streaming
- Great communication skills
- Accountable and outcome oriented with a desire to make a difference and enable a vision to become an outcome
We’d love it if you also had:
- A brilliant understanding of the UK’s independent landscape and independent culture
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumerbrands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re also the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.