At Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual’s value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
The WEA Release Management Team based in London, New York and LA is responsible for the production of digital content from all major labels such as Warner Records, Atlantic, Rhino and Parlophone and the 3rd party distributed label ADA (UK and U.S).
This role sits within the UK Release Management Team (Reporting to the Director of Release Management UK) and supports and works closely with our 3rd Party Distribution Label ADA UK to ensure the timely delivery of metadata and assets using the global digital supply chain processes and systems through to commercial partners.
Why this could be your next big break:
This is a fantastic opportunity to get an insight into the day to day running of a Record Company as it involves liaising with multiple teams. You will play a major part and contribute in the delivery and success of an artist release at the same time working in an ever changing fast paced environment.
You will get to work with our 3rd Party label ADA UK who amongst other aspects of the industry provides Digital Global Distribution to a huge catalogue of various independent records labels which is continuously growing
Here you’ll get to:
- Be responsible for the scheduling and delivery of ADA’s releases into the marketplace via the WMG digital supply chain. Working closely with the ADA team to identify and resolve issues before the designated release date. Main day-to-day point person for the Operations team on ADA related matters. This is a highly detail oriented position in a fast-paced production environment.
- Manage, compile and create the ADA production schedule (for scheduling and tracking releases) across all ADA UK labels in prep for packaging and delivery to Digital Service Providers and update as required according to release plans
- Monitor digital products through the Supply Chain to ensure complete deliveries to Commercial Partners and trouble shoot as needed liaising with I.T + the Digital Operations Team before the intended Release Date
- Work closely with the WEA Studio to ensure that all audio/video assets are in place within the supply chain in prep for packaging and delivery to Digital Service Providers can be completed
- Manage the workflow to the WEA Studio advising of priorities and any late/rush releases that need to be actioned upon as a priority.
- Coordinate alongside the ADA UK Team + the Digital Operations Team for any Timed Releases to ensure a smooth launch
- Continue to review digital account requirements / capabilities /supply chain system developments alongside the rest of the WEA Release Management team and ensure the ADA team are kept up to date and informed of any changes to process, procedures or specs. as they relate to the staging of ADA releases.
- Attend a weekly production meeting running through the production schedule, providing a status update and flagging to the team any projects which are in jeopardy of missing critical milestones, release dates/pre-order dates.
- Action the ‘Daily Amend’ memos circulated via the ADA team and to implement accordingly (Release Date changes,
- Execute Takedowns, price/metadata updates etc).
- Assist with iTunes tickets / Failed deliveries to Apple and resolve in a timely manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to develop and sustain good working relationships with colleagues
- You are keen to learn and consistently strive to over-deliver
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Highly proficient in using Excel to manipulate data
- Have knowledge and interest in current UK and international digital music landscape and its supporting technology (online, mobile, cloud etc.)
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Have an interest in digital distribution and supply chain element
- Have a real passion for music including a keen interest in the digital music industry
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Education to bachelor’s degree level
- Previous Digital Supply Chain experience
- An understanding of different roles throughout a Record Company
Warner Music UK where this role is based is home to some of the biggest Artists and Bands in the Music Industry.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.