Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Secure and maintain airplay on radio stations in assigned market.
- Identify, foster, and maintain strong working relationship with radio station programmers in specified region to acquire airplay for WMN artists.
- Maximize airplay and implement creative and innovative promotional opportunities to achieve a record’s greatest chart potential and audience impact.
- Monitor e-mail and voice mail and respond in a timely manner to radio & media personnel as well as national staff inquiries involving artist or song activity in the market.
- Contact stations on a weekly basis.
- Promote new and current singles through radio station contacts and relationship building according to WMN priorities
- Implement on air promotions for WMN artists
- Devise promotion plays for region to expose acts outside of radio airplay.
- Act as liaison with stations for local contests and promotions.
- Generate weekly tracking logs to be submitted to head of department.
- Travel with artists on promo tours as directed.
The regional promotion manager position requires someone with a dynamic, outgoing personality. They must have the ability to carry on conversations with clients, as well facilitate conversation between artists and clients. They must be personable and sometime be “chameleon-like” in order to connect and engage with many different types of personalities.
Additionally, should have strong skills in building and maintaining relationships; must have great negotiation and persuasion skills. Must possess vast knowledge of country radio, country artists, and their music. Must be able to travel extensively.
Minimum 2 years experience; Radio, Promotion, Marketing and/or sales background a plus.
College degree or equivalent career experience