With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe.
Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG’s music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Global Catalog team.
A little bit about our team:
Rhino Entertainment is the catalog division of Warner Music Group, responsible for product development and marketing for Warner’s vast, eclectic roster of iconic artists, labels, albums, and songs. The Manager, Paid Media Marketing role will be part of the U.S. marketing department which oversees marketing, PR, and promotion.
Why this could be your next big break:
The role of Manager, Paid Media Marketing will act as an in-house specialist to develop, execute, analyze, and report paid media marketing campaigns for our artists and releases. This person will liaise and strategize with all relevant media agencies and platforms for optimum content placement to drive revenue and engagement.
Here you’ll get to:
- You will work closely and collaboratively with US marketing leads and the commerce team to develop media strategies that support the respective goals and reach for artist and genre campaigns.
- You will advise on budget optimizations and efficiencies to help reach artist KPIs and performance goals.
- You will strategize for optimum content placement by channel, media opportunity, content type and copy type.
- You will collect performance data, conduct in-depth analyses, and make recommendations based on data driven conclusions.
- You will liaise with outside media agencies to execute digital and traditional campaigns as needed, building and maintaining relationships with key account contacts.
- You will oversee the buildout of all paid media assets (programmatic, print, OOH, TV, radio, etc).
- You will build and maintain a Catalog Global Priority System (CGPS) monthly content map based on release schedule, holidays, or other specific timeframes detailing content placement, channel type, budget allocation, and KPIs/benchmarks.
- You will maintain a high level of knowledge of key competitors, best practices and new paid media tools.
- You will create and maintain a constant feedback loop via weekly updates and monthly reporting documents to US Marketing and Commerce.
- You will identify and create custom audience groups with 1st party data and website audience lists.
- You will design, implement and report on A/B tests to drive incremental improvements across all KPIs.
- You will understand a unified media strategy across email, organic & paid social, SEO, SEM, referral programs, retail product messaging, direct mail and other offline channels.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
- You have 5+ years professional experience in digital and traditional paid media planning, with agency and/or music industry experience preferred.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree with focus on marketing, communications or advertising preferred.
- You have experience working with Google, Facebook and other digital platforms.
- You have expertise and deep knowledge in SEO & SEM, Google Ads, Apple Search, etc.
- You have experience either working in or managing media agencies.
- You have proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with photo and video editing software (Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut, etc.) preferred.
- You have strong leadership skills and the ability to collaborate with team members to develop and execute strategic projects.
- You have strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task across an eclectic variety of projects in a fast-paced environment.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work and communicate with both creative and business-oriented colleagues and partners.
- You have a strong passion for a wide variety of music artists and genres along with knowledge of how to speak to their fanbases.
- You have a commitment to diversity and inclusion with proven success creating and sustaining a diverse, open and inclusive culture.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.