We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Brand Partnerships team in WMG’s exciting new state of the art office in Downtown Los Angeles.
Manager, Lifestyle Brand Partnerships
Why this could be your next big break:
Under general supervision, with latitude for independent judgment and decision, create best-in-class opportunities, for artists across the WR roster, in the areas of lifestyle brand partnerships, sports, sync licensing for advertising and video games, music video product placement, tour sponsorships, endorsements, content partnerships, new product development, social media partnerships and events/event sponsorship. Here you will get to:
- Cultivate and maintain key relationships with ad agencies, brand marketing executives and independent contractors, to create opportunities for the label and our artists; Key label liaison with the lifestyle advertising and brand marketing community.
- Develop ideas for multi-platform campaigns including TV, Print, Online, Wireless, in Store, Outdoor, On-Site, on Pack, Events, Tour Sponsorships, Music Licensing, Video Product Placement, Magazine Advertorials and so on. These pitches will vary in scope, from label-wide, down to singular artists.
- Create gorgeous and impressive pitch materials including decks, artist one-sheets, consumer profiles and sizzle reels.
- Work with Artist Managers, in-house Marketing Directors and other internal departments to craft proper Brand Strategy for each artist.
- Work with Key legal and business affairs staff to execute contracts.
- Ideally 2 years of experience of lifestyle Brand Partnerships, Integrated Marketing, or Agency experience
- Represent Warner Records Brand Partnerships at concerts, showcases, listening parties, mixers, and other events.
- Send out e-mail blasts and other forms of Brand Partnerships promotion.
- Organize artist showcases for Warner Records Brand Partnerships clients and employees.
- Handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
- Must be able to effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company’s Code of Conduct and core values.
- Must be able to come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment.
- Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
- Must be able to perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Must be able to work at and utilize all necessary functions of a computer in order to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in lifestyle brand partnerships and/or music licensing
- Act as a primary point of contact for urban and multi-cultural brand partnerships
- Provable track record in closing music syncs for artists with brands and agencies
- Must have some relationships in music sync community across agencies, music houses and music supervisors
- Knowledge of copyright as it relates to the music industry (on both the master and publishing side).
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
- Excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, organized, timely and accurate
- Self-starter and rainmaker
- Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of general business practices.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments.
- Produce quality work and be accountable.
- Manage time.
- Ability to work well in team.
- Demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work.
- Anticipates needs and creates efficient and effective processes.
- Self-starter, self-motivated and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks.
- Thinks outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically.
- Consistently takes initiative.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant brand partnerships and/or creative sync experience
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.