At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Chappell, the global music publishing company of Warner Music Group, is looking for the next leader of its Data Analytics and Reporting team. Based in our London office, the role will report to the Head of Global Administration and work alongside a Data Analyst, a Reporting Analyst and closely with our Global Tech and BI teams (based in Kuala Lumpur).
Supporting the Head of Global Administration, you’ll be integral to establishing a comprehensive suite of reports and analysis across all business areas.
You’ll expand on your industry knowledge gaining a thorough knowledge of business processes. You will be help implement global strategies whilst delivering on the requirements gathered from the business whilst exceeding expectations with a fresh perspective and approach.
Here you’ll get to:
- Overseeing the day to day management of the direct reports within the Global Analytics and Reporting team. Deliver training, motivation, guidance and direction to the team members to ensure all of Warner Chappell’s data and reporting needs are met.
- Effectively monitor priorities and workload for the department, setting short, medium and long-term goals.
- Develop and coach the team to trouble-shoot queries, problem solve and work autonomously.
- Proactively source reporting and data requirements from across the business and lead on the creation and implementation of solutions together with WMG Global Technology and Global Data Operations divisions.
- Be responsible for the end to end process of all internal reporting requests, from inception to build through to internal UAT process and sign off, for all WCM Tableau reporting and dashboard creation, ensuring completeness, accuracy and business satisfaction.
- Own,, delegate and ensure completion of all inbound reporting and analytics requests from across the WCM business, including the generation of regular reports used across finance, admin and beyond.
- Work inter-departmentally and internationally to support our global affiliates’ data and reporting needs. Make value contributions to the services provided by the team.
- You will review existing reports (both independently and with business users), to identify and evaluate potential improvements.
- Monitor progress and communicate status updates to all users.
- Identify any valuable external sources of data and coordinate its ingestion.
- Provide analytical support and training (where necessary) on how best to work with large data sets.
- Support the internal testing and implementation of industry standard formats and processes.
- Maintain and grow WCM’s internal ISRC database.
- Create, document and maintain Best Practice Guidelines, training documents, videos and resources pertaining to the use of reports, dashboards and other materials owned by the Global Reporting & Analytics department.
- Partner with Global Technology, Global Data Operations and our Agile Transformation Office to develop and manage projects and new system enhancements.
- Contribute to key data initiatives, across WCM and the wider WMG business.
- Work with WMG’s Internal Audit department to create reporting to facilitate SOX controls and compliance.
- Represent Warner Chappell at external meetings and actively participate in industry initiatives/working groups (e.g. ICE, CISAC, etc.), with the occasional opportunity to travel.
- Communicate and collaborate with colleagues to improve efficiencies across all areas of data analytics and reporting. Promote activities of the team and secure engagement across key user groups.
- Present to colleagues, senior management and third parties, as required.
- Set critical metrics to measure performance goals.
- Support the Head of Administration with goal setting, contribution to strategy and the execution of projects.
- 3+ years experience in a data science or analyst position within the music industry
- A passion for professional development and an interest in leadership
- You understand the digital supply chain, the operational steps required to facilitate multi-territory licensing and digital claiming practices
- Analytical, inquisitive mind and an organised, project-based approach to working
- A strong forward planner with exceptional organisational skills
- You enjoy balancing a busy workload with competing priorities and know how to employ effective time-management and planning techniques to complete projects to deadlines
- A critical thinker with the ability to join dots and think laterally
- Self-motivated and results-focused with a proven ability to improve performance and process
- Thorough with a high-level of numeracy
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to extract and manipulate data from high volume datafiles/reports
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to translate business needs into technical requirements
- You are prepared to travel and work flexible hours as required, understanding that this is a global position supporting international offices
- Excellent Excel skills (including PowerPivot and Power Query)
- Experience of using reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Business Objects, Power BI or similar)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Good working knowledge and experience of SQL, Alteryx, Tableau Online, Tableau Explorer and Power BI
- A solid grasp of common file formats used as music industry standard formats, such as XML, DDEX, JSON, CSV, CRD, DIF, FLAT, TEXT, JSON, and society specific formats.
- An understanding of CMO practices, policies, society rules and registration requirements. You are knowledgeable in the international treatment of BIEM rules, counterclaims/disputes and versions.
We’d love it if you also had:
- A successful track record in people management
- Experience assessing staff training and development needs
- In-house experience at a music publisher
- Experience of leading data projects and contributing to system enhancements
- A curiosity about the intersection of technology and music
- An understanding of the overall digital supply chain as it relates to music and the international claiming practices for key digital services
- A degree level education in computing, data science, engineering or related field
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re also the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.