The Warner Music Group Business Development team is responsible for the company’s global strategic initiatives and business partnerships to drive the consumption of our music via digital platforms.
Within Business Development, the Innovation team of four (or five, with you) is focused on emerging business models and content formats. Examples include integrating music into social (think facebook and musical.ly), Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality, leveraging technologies to drive fan engagement and increase access to consumer data, and positioning WMG to capitalize on all new opportunities that music’s continued evolution presents.
Could this be your next big break?
You will be reporting to the Senior Vice-President and Head of Innovation and Emerging Technology, and you will be the point person in Europe to identify, assess and develop business opportunities with a focus on new technologies and new technology applications.
You will join a dynamic team that provides strategic analysis and formulates recommendations on emerging technology to drive business development priorities, negotiations, and deals.
You will help identify trends and new opportunities based on the changing ways fans encounter, discover, and engage with music, video and artists. Working with the SVP and other team members from Business Development and Digital Legal Affairs, you will negotiate business partnerships and content licensing deals and tee up opportunities for equity investments in promising companies and technologies.
What you will be doing day-to-day:
- Research and evaluate new and existing digital services to identify business models, estimate future prospects, and prioritize the opportunities.
- Identify new technology trends with music engagement components and identify and assess relevant partners or providers.
- Research and monitor market trends in technology and content distribution including threats from infringing applications.
- Prepare and present details on opportunities and recommendations for action in developing new digital products and services.
- Craft content licensing deals and partnerships to drive WMG’s revenue and ability to promote our artists via these emerging areas
You will be able to:
- Be a self-starter with experience working with local and world-wide colleagues, presenting to executives, and quantifying business opportunities.
- Use internal and external BI resources and tools to identify key metrics, prepare reports, and extract meaningful data on trends and changing user behaviors.
- Understand at a high level the core technical aspects of emerging business opportunities and partners
It would be music to our ears if you also have:
- Passion for music and creating the best new experiences for fans.
- 4+ years’ experience in media/digital technology or online/mobile music/video services in a strategy or business development capacity
- At least a basic understanding of content licensing and intellectual property
- Knowledge and experience in some of the following areas: social media business models, AR / VR, gaming, ad-supported media, e-commerce
- Strong analytical ability and superior oral and written and communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
Why should you join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.