Manager, Global Catalogue Digital Marketing (maternity cover)
At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team
Global Catalogue is the paramount frontier for marketing artists in the streaming era. We work closely with our frontline labels and artists under the Recorded Music division to develop new catalogue opportunities in marketing, A&R, content development, and consumption, and then convert our findings into new strategies that are deployed across the company to our Catalogue teams around the world. We think and act like entrepreneurs. This position reports into the London-based VP of Digital Marketing.
The role of the Digital Marketing Manager centres around the global marketing of our UK deep catalogue repertoire through the wide spectrum of the digital landscape. This means working on anything over 20 years old from our extensive UK repertoire: including David Bowie, Pet Shop Boys, New Order and The Smiths.
You’ll be deciding how they speak to their fans through a variety of different channels and services, while at the same time growing and developing those audiences to ensure they remain relevant to today’s listeners. This will require strategic development, performance analysis and a creative approach. You will work to increase exposure for artists and drive revenue by developing campaign ideas, highlighting opportunities for incremental growth, implementing best practices across your roster, and increasing internal awareness of the value of our artists’ catalogs in an “always-on” marketplace.
Here you’ll get to
- Establish, maintain and develop strategy for artist voices through all public-facing communications
- Work with our marketing team to establish a strategy for audience growth and retention across all artists, implementing with theirs and the rest of the teams input
- Be responsible for ensuring artists are hitting their specific social, audience and consumption targets
- Contribute to the wider overall targets being set for the digital team
- Own the relationship with marketing teams and managers as first point of contact for digital marketing of their catalogue
- Work to develop other opportunities through WEA, Topsify and other WMG-owned brands
- Manage strategy around CRM acquisition and management
- Implement and maintain individual artist marketing strategies and optimization on existing services such as Spotify, YouTube, etc
- Develop and grow individual artist strategies for partner optimization and usage for new services such as TikTok, Triller etc
- Provide digital support for active campaigns by:
- Developing creative direction and marketing materials for new projects and anniversaries
- Ensuring social communications and CRM rollout plan is in place
- Establishing and strategizing the global paid strategy on team priorities
The ideal candidate:
- Is across new trends and advise how we can make them relevant to catalogue
- Is capable of helping to evolve traditional marketing techniques for the digital landscape
- Has strong interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills
- Has experience using storytelling to build and develop audience
- Has strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Has strong teamwork, organization, and time management skills
- Possesses a deep understanding of the modern digital landscape
- Has experience in streaming and marketing analysis
- Has experience with developing creative content
- Has experience & flexibility with working across many international time zones. Some tasks and calls will be required outside of regular business hours.
- Has knowledge of Warner Music Group’s family of current artists
We’d love it if you also had:
- 3+ years experience of digital marketing within the music industry, or at a relevant agency
- Experience with creative strategy, leading marketing campaigns internally and externally with partners such as Spotify, Apple, YouTube, Instagram & Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat, Twitter, Triller, Pandora, Soundcloud, and more.
- Understanding of and interest in current and evolving technologies and general market trends
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religion or belief, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or any other characteristic protected by law.